Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Materials required to make a ring vs necklace

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Jynx, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I know this has been mentioned before, but I had a look at the feedback forum, and I can't see this being mentioned during this release.

The recipe for a necklace is 5 metal bindings. You use 5 ingots to make 10 bindings.
    Ratio ingots:necklaces is 5:2

The recipe for a ring is 5 coils of wire. You use 2 ingots for 1 coil of wire.
    Ratio ingots:rings 10:1

That's right. You require 10 ingots to make 1 ring. Whereas you require 7 ingots to make a 2 handed sword.

I'm asking that you revisit the recipe for a coil of wire as well as the recipe for a ring.

Acred, Luno, Vyrin and 10 others like this.
  2. Nasir

Nasir Avatar

Yes please, I imagine my rings weight quite a bit.

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  3. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

you making rings or brass knuckles?:eek:

Acred, Time Lord and Albus like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I thought this was strange also, glad it isn't just me!

5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

40 ore is a little excessive.

Would be nice to add material bonuses while you are at it

6. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

If the rings need to be more expensive to make, then rather require them to be made of silver and gold and reduce the amount of mats needed to make them.

Acred, NRaas and Time Lord like this.
  7. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

There was supposed to be a crafting re-balance to correct issues like this in R29/R30 but it has been postponed every release since them because they have other economy things they want to balance first and they aren't ready to do them yet.
    I think they are in Chicken versus Egg mode. They don't want to balance Crafting until they balance the economy, they don't want to balance the economy until they balance Mob Drop rates, and since they are going to do all that, the might as well wait until the add in the alternate currency exchange rates (copper, silver, gold coins) with weights, from the outside it appears they are dead locked on this issue and moving forward on anything basically means redoing the entire economy from scratch.

Actually making them out of silver or gold would make them Cheaper at the moment.
    However with the Hilt mine nerf, making them out of silver will soon become more expensive.

Acred, 4EverLost and Time Lord like this.
  8. One Zero

One Zero Avatar

Yesterday I made a ring using meteoric wire. It only made a basic ring. No buff at all. It made the same damn ring that simple iron wire makes.

If a ring or necklace is made with meteoric, constantine, white iron or obsidian metal (in other words not simple iron or copper) then it should have a buff added to it such as bonus strength, dexterity or intelligence.

Shezep, postulio, Acred and 4 others like this.
  9. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

I completely agree with this, at this point it looks like rings and necklaces are worthless unless they have a gem. However, wouldn't it be nice if they at least took the stats from the metal used, just like armor and weapons do? Perhaps the rings can be weapon ratings and the necklace take armor stats. It would be a nice beginner set of jewelry while people are still trying to afford gems and or level enough to farm them for their friendly neighborhood alchemist. Then the gemmed versions would be even nicer, with a good selection of base metal stat and gem stat combined.

Acred, Maeryck and Time Lord like this.
  10. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Rings and Amulets can be enchanted as well. My question is, when are they going to decide what to do with Ring Molds? Either revert rings to use ring molds or get rid of the mold and keep the brass knuckle recipe.

My vote would be to revert and use to mold. Who knows, you may want to have a hand to hand tree in the future and the brass knuckles recipe would be perfect as a fist fighting weapon recipe.

Hawkshield and Time Lord like this.
  11. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

come to think of it, there really aren't any skills that pay homage to martial arts or any bare HTH combat is there?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Selene

Selene Avatar

The basic spells for several magic trees are 'fist" spells that can be used without a weapon, but beyond that.. not really. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

The amount of Ore that is needed for almost every blacksmithing recipe is a little insane to me. 72 Ingots for a full suit of Epic Plate (with no fails) floored me as well. 10 Ingots to make a single ring? In my opinion, either make the gathering of resources easier, or lower the requirements.

Not to mention, am I the only one that notices how fast weapons and shield degrade? In a single mining trip, my sword from from 99 to 1 and my shield went form 91 down to 20. This was only a 2 hour mining run.... I'm almost afraid of trying to make a really nice weapon because of this.

Rebelweasel likes this.
  14. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Meteoric steel really help, as does masterwork procs (and tactics skill if it's a huge issue)

I mainly use sword skills and death magic, so I think my swing count is lower because my bronze 2HS lasts quite a while. I don't pop on my +6 or +7 unless I'm in a crazy tough area.

+6 meteor epic plate chest had gone down 10pts in a week 2 off max. It's hella durable. / 170

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.