Meditation Emote and/or Ability

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

My character communes with his internal source of power through meditation, though currently, there is no in game mechanic for doing that (save for sitting in a chair and typing `/em meditates`).

Is there a meditation emote that I have to learn somewhere in the game world? If not, can we please get a meditation emote? My avatar would like to teach the benefits of meditation to other denziens of Novia, as a traveling monk, trying to help the minds of those caught up in the hustle and bustle of prime real estate obsession and vendor selling mania. It would be easier if I could just emote it, and have it visibly displayable to other players.

What would also be cool is a meditation skill in the focus skill tree, that only works out of combat, where a few minutes (in-game) spent using the skill results in a day-long buff to focus and focus regen, and a slight buff to health and health regen.

We could also go for a "tza zen" (active-meditation) style skill for in combat with similar buffs, but thats diverge more towards my greater request for empty-hand fighting skill tree overall :).

Feel free to move this thread to "Skills and Combat" if things end up focusing more on the skills I recommend :)

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

There is a "tai-chi" emote that you sorta meditate with.
    Convinced LB to tell them to make it a looping emote lol.

But I would enjoy massively a sort of "meditate" emote or mode, where u sit down crosslegged or on one knee.
    I can see a buff tied to this as well, that would solve some other issues some have had, here it is:

You use /meditate and your character sits down and closes their eyes.
    During this you receive a buff to focus regen that increases % slowly over time.
    So at the start youd get an extra 1 focus regen, but slowly could build up to like 10-20.
    During this your agro range increases and you are obviously subject of being attacked while vulnerable.
    Maybe an increases critical hit chance against you as well while meditating.

So it obviously wouldn't be completely practical to use in most situations during combat, but after say you clear a large group of enemies, and thus more or less balanced.
    Id rather be doing this than just standing there waiting for my focus to regen, even if its just sitting there with my eyes closed, I feel like my character is doing something.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

A meditation emote would be cool.

Mixed feelings on a meditation skill in the focus tree. Would it become a 'must have' for every nearly like the healing spells are? I think of the meditation skills in SWTOR as an example.

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

I think it should just be a sorta hidden passive everyone has and starts out with.
    Even if it ends up not being "meditate" and more like "resting" I think the function I listed should be in game.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

++; for emote. :)

Leostorm likes this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

1) There is /pray - that does mostly what you describe

2) Fluff stuff only AFTER final wipe, kthxbye.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  7. Mata

Mata Avatar

+1

Leostorm likes this.
  8. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Of course! This is hardly a priority for pre-final wipe :)

I might be able to live with that (but prayer and meditation are very much not the same). I dont currently have the emote. Care to share a spoiler as to how to get it? Id like to see the animation. Also, does it loop?

Leostorm and Katrina Bekers like this.
  9. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

For the sake of roleplaying, no problem, make an emote, sit down and everything is fine.

For a focus pool regen idea...thats a game changer and I am against it.

Maybe think about a future implemented combat school? Like TerasQuasi ins SWG or the monk class in D&D (never liked those in a fantasy game) make it an unarmed school that gets a passive meditate tree that removes poison and disease and helps with healing.

10. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-27-instructions.46399/
    • /pray: This is a sign of quiet meditation. It can be learned from Damai, the Mother of Peace, in Khasi's Castle in Ardoris or from other players who have learned it.
    It doesn't loop, but you "stay in place" as long as you don't move. Like /guard or /kneel.

Mata and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

12. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Still want my resting function, that I wouldn't concider fluff :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.