Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Melee possibly broken

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by FuzzyFox, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerpyFox

DerpyFox Avatar

I agree with Ferohir. My major point to all this is mainly the base damage vs what damage I was doing. Base weapon damage is pretty low overall for a single hit, but the actual damage I did was lower than the base. Meaning something is incredibly wrong. No, I wasn't hitting multiple targets but that really should not matter. Unless you are trying to make the statement that Blades are only good for farming, in which case you will never understand because you already have your head under a rock. I am NOT saying that some blades skills are not strong. Coup De Grace is strong yes. Only last 20% of health though. I would rather they decrease some of the more powerful skills, and increase the Auto attacks to justify the damage.

#MakeMeleeGreatAgain

2. DerpyFox

DerpyFox Avatar

IF it is indeed split based on targets the weapon CAN do, then that in its self is broken. Claymores are bigger and sure makes sense the CAN hit multiple targets. But in this game damage is based on size and speed of the weapon. That being said the base values are all pretty fair when you think single target. If you say then that claymores CAN hit 3 targets and thus damage is 1/3 of what it says against a single target, then it is NOT balanced.

If that is indeed the case, then I guess whenever fighting a dragon (basically 1v1 fight) it is better to always switch to 1h dagger since you will deal more damage than using a claymore. That is to me a shitty concept. It makes zero sense, especially in PvP. Single Dagger player vs Claymore, the dagger would win because he always does more damage to single target. Last I checked you can both cut someone's limb off and pierce their heart with a claymore. I have yet to see a small dagger sever a leg. Basically, when hitting a single target, claymores should STILL do 100% damage.

My suggestions IF this is really the case.
    Option 1: Always 100% damage against the primary target, reduced damage to extra targets up to weapon's max targets.
    Option 2: Always 100% damage / Targets within the weapon range up to weapon's max targets.
    Option 3: 100% damage to single target. 50% damage to secondary targets up to weapon's max targets, but -10% damage to primary target per secondary up to weapon's max targets.

These may not be the only options, but they tackle the issue of reduced damage to single targets.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

My guildmate have more than 300 str and possibly can make 350, and he make huge ammount of damage by bludgeon, so not sure that melee is broken... Even more i think it should be nerfed a little bit.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  4. Thief

Thief Avatar

So you have a guildmate with 300str and based on that 1 person you think that melee should be nerfed. I have 1500 hours in shroud of avatar and I saw one or two active bludgeon users. For your one friend I can call 20 of them from my friend list. Can vomit death ray hitting you 250-90-270 in a few seconds.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

1) No, it is based on experience in many aspects in the game.
    2) 1500 hours not so big ammount as you think. Did not impress me at all :D
    3) May be you look in a wrong side, melee now is extremely effective on high levels.
    4) I noticed my friend just becouse as example that melee could be very good. If your 20 friends are say that melee suck, they just dont know how to play melee.
    5) Those numbers for death ray again dont impress me at all and dont prove anything.

6. DerpyFox

DerpyFox Avatar

I hate posts like this. All you did was try to belittle Ferohir.

One player is NOT a consensus. Also, you have no proof of anything you have said other than your boastful comments. Please limit your replies to the topic at hand or I would appreciate if you would take your comments else where.

The point trying to be made is that at lower levels and lower strength, the damage done by melee isn't as high as it should be. Perhaps what you want to say is that melee needs to be normalized so that at lower levels it is more effective and at higher levels, it should be a tad weaker. Although Ferohir could have said it differently, he is correct. One person, one skill etc., is NOT a majority. Perhaps some skills should have their damage decreased. My major point was that the basic auto attacks do not translate well to the base damage of the weapons with melee.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.