Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Memory Usage: Whoa!

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Traveller13, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I crashed while going through Brittany Estates to bring yesterday's play sessions to a close. Even if it was in the wee hours of today. Anyway, since I had been doing nothing but site seeing, I thought, "memory".

So this morning I log back in, zoning in Brittany Estates (BE) at the place where I crashed. Memory usage for the SotA Executable, according to Windows Task Manager, was 4,166,xxxKB right off the bat after zone in. The last time I checked memory usage a few releases back, it would start with just under 2,000,000KB. However, BE is a large scene so that could account for the extra RAM usage. Memory usage increased at approximately 160KB a second thereafter. This happened whether I was moving or not. It would occasionally pause for about five to ten seconds, then resume.

I decided to exit to Novia at 4,540,xxxKB. I clicked the gate to exit. The memory usage jumped immediately to 4,556,xxxKB then another step to 4,557,xxxKB. The game crashed at that point.

I logged back in. I watched memory usage start at 1,6xx,xxxKB at the beginning, then ramp up to 4,1xx,xxxKB after zoning in to BE. I successfully exited BE to Novia. Memory usage went down to 3,700,xxx or so. I entered Brittany Fields. Memory usage stabilized at 4,05x,xxxKB. It would increase some, then decrease some. The trend was generally upward. It would stay the same for longer periods of time than while in BE. So memory usage was not as bad as in BE. I successfully logged out of the game from there.

FrostII and Ice Queen like this.
  2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Okay. I logged into Central Brittany, then went away from my computer to watch the end of the Brickyard 400. That took longer than expected due to events on the track. Anyway, I come back to see 6,551,xxxKB in use by SotA. It made it up to 6,751,xxxKB by the time I clicked the gate to Brittany Fields. The game just came to an end and the EXE closed. No crash report. No crash message.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit operating system with 32GB of RAM.

SotA Build 380QA

FrostII and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is currently a known issue that we are working to resolve. Thank you for reporting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.