Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Meticulous Mining Unable to Provide Duplicate Rare Ore

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by Noric, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

Title: Meticulous Mining Unable to Provide Duplicate Rare Ore
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Details: On any one chain of meticulous mining no more than 1 usable rare ore (ie tin) and 1 nonusable rare ore(ie zinc) can be mined. To test this i started 100 chains of meticulous mining and never received more than 1 of each variety. Additionally, the averaged ratio of rare:basic ore differed from the regular 1:5 and instead in the case of usable rare ore was under 1:7 and for nonusable rare ore was about 1:5.5 .

All mining performed in Etceter mine.

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Noric, we spoke about this the other day and I said I'd reply to your post.

I think it might help if you provide all of your mining skills as a reference point for the Devs. I know you have them all quite high so that should accentuate your point even further.

On a side note though, I was speaking to someone about this last night in TS3 (Umuri) and he said he had a couple occasions where he did receive 2 tins or 2 nickels on a meticulous string. He just popped in to let me know that he was able to get a couple with additional rares then had to run so I didn't get many details other than "it is possible".

I'll try to follow up with him next time to get more details to post here and I'll keep an eye on my meticulous to see if it's possible for me.

It could very well just be due to location and not necessarily skill level and/or the loot tables in general.

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'll talk to Umuri about it if I see him online today.

As for my mining skills for perspective:
    Mining proficiency 78
    Mining swiftness 115
    Meticulous mining 100
    Producer Level 71

With these numbers I get quite long meticulous chains at times. I believe I had 1-2 8x and one 9x chain while conducting the 100 mentioned in the OP.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.