Milling balance

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Rennik, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

It's really a matter of preference, and people will tell you a different answer. I tend to already crit pretty often, so I'm thinking to increase that damage. I could increase both crit damage and crit change by changing the bowstring, but I really want the increased range bonus. There are some additional combo plusses, but here's the basics:

Long Bow Staves:
    Crimson Pine - Focus +20
    Grey Pine - Weapon Critical Chance +3%
    Hard Maple - Damage Resistance +0.1
    Maple - Weapon Damage +5%
    Pine - Weapon Critical Chance +5%
    Rock Maple - Weapon Critical Damage +5%

Bow Strings:
    Carapacian - Spell Critical Chance Bonus +5%
    Cotton - Attack Speed +10%
    Fustian - Focus +10
    Hardened Leather - Ranged Weapon Range Bonus +10%
    Leather - Weapon Critcal Chance +5%
    Supple Leather - Weapon Critical Chance +10%

Barugon, Net and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

In my opinion, I'm not an archer by the way, Critical chance is better. Though you may not do as much damage per Critical Hit, you would make Critical Hits more often. I opted for a Pine Staff for my mage because of the 5% Critical Chance increase, as opposed to using a Rock Maple Staff with 15% Spell Critical Damage. For some, they may opt for optimal damage for when they do perform a Critical Hit, but for me, I'd rather increase my chances of actually getting one.

Barugon and Net like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

If the game was balanced, it should not probably matter which you pick. Or one should be better against some kind of opponents (small mobs) and other against different kind (bosses?)

I wish I knew combat math and how much more damage you do with critical hits and whether it is better or not to have more critical hits or fewer doing more damage, I am pretty sure that over time they will try to find balance between the two so it will come to your personal preference rather than one being always better.

Barugon likes this.
  4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Balance has nothing to do with what I was talking about. You will never have, nor should you, have an entirely balanced game. You may have one player who is able to do more critical hits and conversely have a player who does more damage per hit using Critical Damage bonus. Provided that there isn't too much of a difference between how much damage is done OVERALL for each decision, it falls to a matter of preference and what manner of tactics a player decides to use. In my opinion, Magi should deal more raw damage than a Melee type player, as Melee players are able to wear heavier, and thus more protective, types of armor. Magi may be more powerful but they suffer from not being as well protected against attacks when compared to Melee players. It is the developers job to find a balance between the amount of protection offered and damage done between Magic Users and Melee players. You don't want to have any particular player type to be too overpowered when compared with other player types. Hope this clarification makes sense! (^8

5. proplayer77

proplayer77 Avatar

How is +5% Crit damage, better than +5% damage? Does the 5% not get multiplied? Or does the 5% not count for crits?

Corp Por likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

IMO, critical chance. Leaving for golf, so must do the math later......

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I think that would depend on how often you hit 'Critical'. The +5% damage applies to EVERY hit,regardless of if it is critical or not, whereas the 5% Crit Damage only increases Critical hits by 5%. So, if you have a high Critical Hit Chance then increasing your Critical Damage percentage may be beneficial. Otherwise, you would want to go with the straight out Damage Increase(as it applies to all damage.) This is, at least, the way i'm interpreting how it is described. Maybe staff can clarify.

8. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    OMG my head is spinning

9. Net

Net Avatar

Well, fancy stools are hard to make, I would not mind if you had to make exceeptional boards/poles or maybe exceptional stool to make it fancy. However for the ordinary stuff, you should get plenty of "good enough" wood from one tree like we get for arrows.

Rennik and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.