Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining Node visibility and Night Vision & Light spells

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by amourfou, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amourfou

amourfou Avatar

Some mining nodes are easy to see like Copper and Gold, other nodes are almost impossible to see like Iron.
    If you need iron you are at a big disadvantage to someone who only needs copper. Could you adjust the coloring on the Iron nodes so they are as easy to see as the Copper nodes?

I love the Night Vision spell and prefer to explore caves and dungeons using Night Vision. Its much better for immersion and RP sometimes. However, if i'm trying to mine it is almost impossible to spot any mining nodes including Copper and Gold when using Night Vision. If I use my Light spell it is really easy to spot most mining nodes which puts those who prefer to use Night Vision at a disadvantage.

Could you adjust the coloring, textures or particle effects on mining nodes so they are just as easy to identify when using Night Vision as well as when using the Light spell.

Thanks for considering these issues. By the way, i'm loving the game and am really impressed overall with R28, great work.

Retro, Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Personally I'd find that to be too hand holdy. Time of day should have meaning, so daylight is more ideal for gathering resources. Night vision doesnt also have computerized targeting devices, if anything, nodes should appear just like the rocks around them.

Also with increase in skill, the particle effects around the nodes are supposed to become more visible.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If you do it enough, you'll get used to the change in textures. It's still harder to see iron nodes, but at least it's not as annoying as having gold nodes colored silver like we had for a while. Also, all nodes (so far) only appear in fixed locations (with no more than maybe half popping at the same time), and you can learn where many of those are.

Also, if you put enough points in the survey distance skill, you will see sparklies from a distance.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.