Mining percentages........

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by blaquerogue, Nov 18, 2015.

?

Would raising the % in mining by 5 be better?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logain

Logain Avatar

That is why my heart jumped in joy, my pulse reached a new high and I started dreaming when dallas mentioned an API being possible for SotA in the Sojourner Tales Telethon and Chris mentioned Lua as possible scripting for the SotA GUI in one of the hangouts. It would (have) be(en) trivial for some of the community to include something like your idea with these tools in our hands. And I'd (have) lov(ed) it! Most unfortunately, soon afterwards, I realised it's very unlikely to happen given their time constraints and the constant other feature requests. ~sighs and keeps dreaming~

That happens automatically while you 'train'. The first 25ish level on your mining speed skill reduce the mining time by around 20%. You can drastically decrease the time it takes to mine if you go all the way through with the skill and, if you get a high enough chance, you get a decent chance to crit and thus further reduce the time.

4EverLost likes this.
  2. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I have 2 monitors, and I watch something on NetFlix while mining because it is so slow. I agree, something needs to be done regarding the speed.

Koldar likes this.
  3. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

Mining a node you have a higher chance of mining takes far less time then if you are going for the lower success chance nodes. Maybe what we should be asking for is a mine with lower level nodes.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just a side note here.

Never loot before you gather.

This since respawns only happen after the old body is looted. Sometimes due to how the timers are set looting the body could even lead to instant respawns.
    So if I kill something next to a gathering node, I leave the body and gather first, only after I have gathered from the node(s) do I loot the bodies (which by then usually leads to instant respawns)...

harrharr, Logain, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.