Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Minor targeting issue

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by mdsota152, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

This is a minor issue really…but something that started to bug me while playing as an archer over the weekend… when firing off a series of glyphs, that dang symbol that floats over your head kept blocking my view of my distant targets. Is there some way to turn this off? I know what I’m casting/firing … do I need a big floaty graphic over my head? I found it very annoying the more I played.

This was especially troublesome when there were multiple targets and I couldn’t see that one had died and the floaty overhead glyph was blocking my view to see other targets and even more so when I had a series of floaties over my head one after the other. I had to rotate the camera or wait for it/them to fade to aim my reticle properly on my next target.

Also, one question… I seem to have a problem with switching my target from a distant archer to a point blank melee opponent. I had to rotate my camera far enough away so the distant archer was no longer in my view before I’d start to fire on the closer melee target. Even if I tried to point my reticle right on top of the melee dude I kept firing at the more distant archer as long as he was still in my LOS. What’s the trick or what am I doing wrong?

Otherwise I'm starting to get the hang of the new system and don't mind it as much as I thought I might. :)

Leelu, Time Lord, helm and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Happening to all of us Archers :)

The bug that's getting me killed as much as the targeting one is the bug where glyphs like Dash and Healing touch stops you in your tracks. Trying to kite as an archer is impossible when every glyph locks me up.

Leelu, Time Lord and cartodude like this.
  3. helm

helm Avatar

Wow, a minor issue related to targeting, that's kinda refreshing after a gazillion "the end is nigh"-threads :D

Dang, I didn't even notice those glyph floaties to be that annoying, until you mentioned it...argh. :confused:Unfortunately there is seems to be no way to make them go away atm, maybe the changes in targeting will make it possible later.

@Oba Evesor, I thought that bug was strictly Linux client related? At least in my case I can double-tap-W my way out, so can almost live with it - still dying a lot but at least I can play...and will probably double-tap-W straight out of muscle memory long after the bug has been fixed :)

cartodude likes this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I'll try it. Usually I'm kiting left, right and back. All of those get stopped by spells...well, half the time. Its unpredictable.
    It can also be a full lock-up, where I have to let go of everything for a second, then I can move (which is usually to find an ankh by this time!!!).

helm and Leelu like this.
  5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I didn't either at first... but the longer I played, the more annoying it became... it may of been at first I was just firing and not paying attention to targets... and once I got the hang of it and tried picking targets, I noticed the floaties in my way.

...but it's minor... not game ending, earth shattering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.