Missing Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyosa, Oct 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Well, one benefit of the old way.... if a stream prize was awarded via the Rewards window (as the lovely house I won over the summer was), the winner could claim it either online OR offline. Delivered through mail, prizes are useless to offline players.

But yeah, it would be great to see the prizening have automated software that just worked without the devs struggling with it and sent the prizes automatically without manual intervention. Psychologically, it would be better to have no prizes at all then to tell people they've won something and then have it not show up.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Lupilu

Lupilu Avatar

Exactly , btw Kyosa here with a 2nd account , i still did not received my reward.

[​IMG]

But instead they did this on steam...

[​IMG]

And forum here...

[​IMG]

So, expect they delete the whole post very soon, or do a forum ban again for this account too.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I have been very public in both threads here, in streams, and on twitter announcing that I'm working hard on getting a CS person. They were supposed to start last week but have been down with the flu. I will have a new ticket system setup before next release. Apologies this so late in coming.

Kyosa, you sent an email on 10/9, I didn't reply but I flagged it. I JUST got that stuff working as I showed in the stream yesterday. I'll send it in game to you and sorry it took so long.

Kyosa, I moderated you because you were basically harassing the team with repeated emails and PM, posting in multiple other threads about leaving the game, while suggesting we don't care about the project and we're just trying to milk it for money, and that I am personally greedy and play favorites. I know you were frustrated but I think we both could have handled that better.

These forums are here to help players enjoy the game more and help us make the game better through bug reporting and constructive feedback and to help build community. He was starting negative threads and at the same time posting about how he was leaving the game in multiple threads. That does nothing to help the game or the players.

As for the couple of people who suggest never giving away prizes on streams, this is really a one off case for my personal streams. There has only been one stream I can remember where I stupidly decided to give away an item I was making in stream instead of just stuff from the store. I also did this immediately before leaving town for several days to go to Syndcon and windows restarted my PC while I was gone and I lost my note on it. This impacted 2 people.

There have been a handful of other people who won on my streams who weren't present to tell me their game name but other than that, I have delivered all prizes on my stream within minutes of drawing a winner. I JUST got the Syndicate lantern live yesterday and I'll be sending these 2 items I missed this weekend.

What I got out of this is:

-Don't give away items on streams unless I can deliver it right then (Only ever did that once)
    -Yes, we abso'freakin'lutely need to get our CS together
    -Come up with a better way to track winners for all giveaways
    -I need to be better about replying to emails and not just flagging them for follow up

Kyosa, for what it is worth I agree with most of your other points in your why I left thread. Wish you wouldn't have let this one off issue poison the game for you and sorry for the frustration. I'm clearly spread too thin and working to fix that.

Chris

Bedawyn, Elwyn, Antrax Artek and 4 others like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Mylady'Gin'Gin, I moderated your post because it was very negative and I think you misunderstood what happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.