Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mixed feedback

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Svahn, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I haven't pvp'd as I'm not really interested in pvp, but I did some pve and other stuff to give you feedback.

The deck combat system - general.
    On a spontaneous note my wife and I found it non intuitive / non flowing, and that the randomness of the card dealing made us have to spend time looking at what skill ended up where. We are not fans of the system at this time.
    I do see similarities with hearthstone and other card games, but I feel the system is more right in such strategical games where you have time to think.
    (Having read on the forums I saw mentioned that some people had locked frequently used skills - I might experiment with that next time, I just locked a healing skill)

The deck combat system - slugs.
    I am not a fan of the slugs - can't something else be conjured up instead of these slugs, like behind the scenes 98% chance of a failed skill usage / fizzle?
    Something just feels off to me with the slugs.

The deck combat system - suggestion.
    I found myself thinking that it could be a nice thing to be able to define what type of skill is allowed into the different action bar slot numbers.
    Like very generally stating that in slots 1-4 combat cards can come, in slots 6-8 magic cards, in slot 9 a locked card etc.
    With such a setup atleast you have a feeling for where magic vs combat-cards end up which might make someone like me not use the Dallas mode combat system tm.
    (Slugs go everywhere unless we can get rid of them like above)

Dallas mode combat system.
    Thank you for this mode of playing - please don't nerf it in comparison to the deck combat system.

Targeting.
    Don't know why, but during the weekend I hade big problems mouse-targeting animals like deers.
    And no problems at all mouse-targeting humanoids.

Looting.
    I read in some release notes, don't remember which right now (sorry), that the player that does the most damage to a target will get the looting rights.
    This weekend, when in a party of 2 I seemed to get looting rights on animals, even if I didn't do any damage.
    Against elves it seemed as if both of us got looting rights at all times.
    Probably bugs of some sort.
    Is a way for group leader to set the looting rules in the works?

Houses and their heights.
    In general I find the houses are looking really good - well done graphics people!
    Through the recent releases however I have started to get the feeling that many buildings have 1 or 2 floors too many on them.
    This can't be changed obviously, the houses that exist exist.

But I pictured in my minds eye a village whose lots were all but filled with Knight Marshals Keeps or 4 story row houses or other equally high buildings - and I felt that this is not how I imagined a small medieval village would look.
    Once we get to places with town and city lots I come to expect higher buildings though as it seems fitting that a town+ has other conditions than villages / village lots.
    Well, I wanted to get that feeling out in the air, that's all, I hope it comes to some use.

Thanks for letting us in and feeling the game out again.

2. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Isn't that worse? Instead of knowing in advance you can't use the skill, you find out only after you're relying on it?

Player towns could theoretically enforce height/building restrictions. A neighborhood with nothing but rustics, perhaps?

Targeting was painful for me in this release. Tab often picked corpses instead of targets, and wouldn't even think about targets more than a few feet away.

Locking skills is definitely a key to enjoying the system. Most people focus on locking the utilities they have to have, and let the deck draw attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.