MMO in the wilderness instance is it safe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wagram, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Well the max I'll see in full MMO in a town Instance will not be a ground breaking amount.
    If Portalarium haven't got the server power to run the MMO wilderness. I'm not doing it for them

BillRoy likes this.
  2. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

No nor f*c*book and twatter

BillRoy likes this.
  3. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I wouldn't be too worried, but whatever makes you happy, friend. ;)

You could also play the Friend On-Line thing and only group up with people who you find that are mostly computer illiterate (like myself:(), you'll know them by the fact that they have to stand still a long time while they type, they complain that they can't watch YouTube anymore because Google+ is an A-Hole, they have to wait for their wife/husband gets home to hook up the headphone thing so they can get on Team-Speak...and they almost always play ranger types...
    Those people couldn't mess with your computer if they wanted too, but they will probably be off-line occasionally for breaking their own computer...until their wife gets home anyways.:oops:

*I was kind of talking about myself...but I'm not the only one...I hope.

**Maybe Portalarium will explain things in simple layman's terms sooner or later (better for them if it's sooner).

4. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

You could always run the client in a sandbox so your system is shielded from anything it does. There's good SW out there which you can use to do just that. It'll completely insulate your system from the game and not let it have any lasting destruction on your machine should an event occur :)

wagram and BillRoy like this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I'll have to get my wife to look into that, sounds good, but I don't really know what you're talking about.:confused:

6. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Thanks for that mate Ill look into it. I used to have that with my Kaspersky internet security but I don't think this latest Kaspersky pure as that feature.

7. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

One product that does this is called Sandboxie.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

You install it, create a sandbox (it creates a default sandbox) and then can run the game installer from within that sandbox. They explain it like putting a piece of transparency over your machine. Any changes made by the game while running in the sandbox are written to the transparency sheet not the underlying computer. You can then delete the sandbox and your system will have been completely unaffected.

You can also block access to specified files/folders. So you could block access to your Documents folder(s) for anything running in the sandbox.

BillRoy likes this.
  8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Cheers mate I may use my other PC for the game theirs only OS on it just in case this one goes down, Trouble is its very LOUD UNDER LOAD

9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

I also like to use it for testing since you delete and re-create the sandbox and the software installs as if it never installed on your system before. Its a clean start each time.

10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I've added the site to my fav so will look at in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.