MMO: Why do people not play together?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Exactly, gone are the days when you could gank anyone you pleased in UO. People still feel that's a 'proper' MMO. The genre has evolved and is trying to accommodate more playstyles. I'm not surpised how casuals and soloers get talked about. It's been like that forever. Hardcore MMO players don't want us there and now the genre 'is a mess' in their humble opinions. I disagree. Yea, the '!' and '?' quest click fest and hand holding has definitely helped to make things a bit too easy and certainly predictable but needs will change the genre as it continues to evolve.

No one likes change, especially when it hits home on something you're passionate about, but when genres stagnate and get stale doing the same copy/paste every year, it's no wonder they die out until someone tries to revive them in a different way.

I mostly solo, but I group too. I like the flexibility when your primary class is 'adult' and you take any opportunity you can get to be the 'mage' again. I GMed adulting a long time ago but man, it was and still is a grind.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Right - loved that too - but you have to think how many ppl played in UO at a shard during the beginning of UO (before the Trammel-Felucca-constellation). That was a small number. PvE-players are in the majority now.

:cool:

Tahru likes this.
  3. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Yep, I was a care bear. I personally despise PvP (DAoC battlegrounds only exception). I really hated going about my business and continually losing my stuff. I was glad when they split us into Trammel and Felucca but man, did I take a verbal beating for it. Those PKs were gonna get me one way or the other. :p

Regarding the topic, it didn't endear me to grouping if I remember. LOL.

Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  4. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Oh yeah - talking to "red" guys and hoping they wouldn't take all, arranging a hunting-party, running around for hours without catching anyone, celebrating that we obviously drove them away .. and dieing the next day in the mines again .. ;)

Baalice likes this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Coordinating people is a pain in the ass. It's also harder for me to just jump in and change what I am doing on a whim. Also, who wants to share loot?

So I typically just play with people I know.

4EverLost likes this.
  6. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

you're grouping with the wrong people :)

7. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

My favourite moment was when I caught a Red hiding near a treasure site ( I was playing a Treasure Hunter, and would routinely spam Reveal Hidden).

Since he seemed to be AFK, I dug up a level 3 chest instead, and ran away letting the mobs beat on him. I circled back and got the contents of the chest while the mobs were busy ;)

Baalice and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I guess i do not understand the need to rush leveling. There is no endgame. What i think happens is everyone races to the end then they get bored. Then they leave the game until new content comes out. Then they rush through that. Rinse repeat.

Tahru, 4EverLost and Baalice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.