Molds... where to buy?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Harmony, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

Okay, first let me start off by saying this isn't my first rodeo with sandboxy MMORPGs. I'm neither a moron nor lazy.

That said, I'm an aspiring blacksmith. I want to go hammer and tongs as much as I want to go longsword and dagger. I'm getting the knack of getting my own base materials well enough, complete with evading or outright bowling through the bandits and bears and skeletons and such in my way.

What I am, however, having a problem with is finding blacksmithing molds for more than the very basic things, like ingots and blade molds. I've searched every merchant in Soltown and Ardoris, I've checked sotawiki, I've checked google, I even did a search for "wire mold" and "sheet mold" here on the forums, but no luck. could someone please throw me a bone here, and tell me what I'm missing?

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Unless they changed something for this current release, you should be able to find all molds on craft supply merchants. The craft trainer in Ardoris used to sell them.. but aside from that.. there is one at the craft pavilion in Owl's Head. There is also one in Desolis.. should be one in.. I believe the name is escaping me at the moment.. the town *mentally kicking self* north or Ardois & west of Soltown. I can't believe I can't remember the name.. it's ok.. you all reading this can laugh.. I can take it.

Edit: Solania.. (yeah yeah I looked it up :p) I kept wanting to say Celestis but that's not in yet.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Harmony

At the crafting merchants or traders.
    In Ardoris it's the Village People guy NE of the main square next to the crafting pavilion.

...and welcome.

Edit
    Bowen the ninja knight, or night for shorts.

4. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

The craft -trainer- sold them? *facepalm* the one single guy I didn't think to check because he was a trainer, I assumed he wasn't also a merchant.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

solania.

yes, if the molds are missing from a crafting vendor, that's a bug.

6. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

Wait, Wait. Spoon? By Any chance are you Noah "Spoony/The Avatar" Antweiler?

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah the craft 'trainer' in Ardoris has been a bit of an oddball. I think the original 'craft trainer' in Owl's Head was like that too very early on. Memory is a little hazy on that point but meh.. I'm having an off night if I can't even remember Solania. :rolleyes:

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. I'm merely another cutlery in the drawer, a bit bent and scraped.

9. Harmony

Harmony Avatar

just checked. yep! crafting trainer in ardoris sold exactly what I needed.

now to work on momma's first set of armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.