Moon Eater: misleading description (or redundant skill)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vaentorian, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Almost posted this as a bug as "it seems wrong" but guess it's more like general feedback.

The tooltip description for the Moon Eater skill is: "Increase the duration of night for Moon skills. The time listed is the total time added. So +4 hours would be +2 before and +2 after." This doesn't make sense since Moon skills are supposed to be affected by whether the moon is above the horizon, which is not synchronous with nighttime:
    Since extending the duration of night would have no effect whatsoever on Moon skills, I assume the tooltip is incorrect - but perhaps the skill really was coded to provide this redundant effect in which case it is surely not working as intended and probably should be viewed as a defect.

If the skill is confirmed as extending the duration of lunar visibility (not the duration of night) I would propose amending the description to something on these lines:

"Increase the duration of lunar influence, for Moon skills which are enhanced when the moon is visible. The time listed is the total time added. So +4 hours would be +2 before the moon appears, and +2 after it disappears."

DavidDC, Barugon and FrostII like this.
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I can confirm its only when the moon is visible. It doesn't enhance when the moon is visible but do increase and decrease the lunar time (if the moon was then visible).

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

4 in-game hours are equivalent to 10 minutes real time. 10 minutes is crap considering the moon is on a 14 hour (real time) schedule.

4. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Do you mean Moon skills are only enhanced if the moon is visible *and* it's night? That isn't at all clear from the description of any skill.

If that's not what you meant, I'm unsure what the difference is between "lunar time" and time when the moon is visible? If Moon Eater only has an effect when the moon is visible then I'm even more confused about what it actually does.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The moon can be visible (above the horizon) day or night.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DavidDC
    Moon Eater should be changed to better compensate for the moon's 336 hour cycle.

7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

It work when the moon is visible, doesn't have to be night, i will change the description.

Anpu likes this.
  8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Do you see the gigantic "Under Construction" banner on the page. I'm currently trying to update it, just FYI.

The GIGANTIC shattered moon you can sometimes see in the sky is Daedalus. THAT is the moon this skill is tied to.