Moon Towers changing Weather per Release 86

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Anpu, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In the Release 86 Patch notes:

Work is well underway to provide governors and stewards a means to alter the weather and even biome of their Player-Owned Town (POT). The new tech is finished, and the related decoration items are being created which utilize this feature. The existing Moontower decoration will be the first to receive this tech, a change which will patch in shortly after release, with many more weather altering decoration items to follow.

This was never added after a patch? I'll assume something possibly happened, but was just wondering if this will be added? A couple people were wondering about this today and weren't sure why it said it was supposed to be in, but is not currently.

Thank you!

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ya, I know :( I need to get that done. It's been on my shortlist for quite a bit. Definitely going to be added. I'll try to knock out this work the first week of R90 so I don't keep putting it off. Chris made the tech, I just need to get some decent deco's together to attach it too. I'm hesitant now to use the Moontower and will likely use something else since players with Moontowers on display and previously purchased might not want the weather effect. Kobold looking devices likely.

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Yeah. Good call. The problem with the moon tower is the noise, I have had players ask me to take them down so they don't have to listen to them all the time.

Cypher Black

Wilfred, Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I absolutely hate the moon towers because of the incredibly annoying noise they make.

Wilfred, Sarek and that_shawn_guy like this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

How 'bout adding the ability to turn their sound off ? That would be cool.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Thanks for posting this. Very exciting news! I would also appreciate the ability to turn just their sound off, but keep their animation.

Even more than the weather, I would appreciate the ability to turn day to night and vice versa without affecting time. This is useful for events such as Halloween or RP purposes.

Wilfred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.