More damage spells

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Hemswal The Descended, Dec 30, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Can we give Sun, Moon, and Water 1 or 2 more damage spells?

Water could do with an AOE "Drown" attack. Maybe it gives a dot to health and focus. Then once the spell ends, it gives a small burst of damage.

Sun could benefit from a directional cone "Heat Wave" attack. Like Searing Ray but a cone and with cool visuals!

Moon might enjoy a spell like the "Drown" I suggested but slightly different. We could call it "Blood Moon" and maybe have it do instant focus and lunar damage and without the dot.

We don't have many ways to damage focus and it would give those two trees a little more appeal. It would also be nice if the focus damage from those spells actually had some effect on mobs.

Montaigne, Mac2, Sara Dreygon and 4 others like this.
  2. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Would rather see some unique concepts regarding what is considered an attack and these schools. Water may exemplify life, but do not forget the depths also feature pressure. It wouldn’t be a stretch to see a water attack use “Crushing Force” in that a percentage of stamina spent causes damage. The sun school could apply a “Radiation Sickness” dot. The moon school could feature a shockwave-like attack that forces the target back a bit to represent gravity in “Celestial Impact”.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

Water exemplifies life until you drown, or until this happens:

[​IMG]

Or you can die of thirst. Or die of poisoned water - I'd love to see a Death/Water deck combo called "Cholera."

How about a Focus drain? Or a few dots - I'd love to see a spell that does three potentiating waves of damage called Tsunami (give it some knockback!) or something that does AE cold over time like Blizzard. Or maybe mobs take additional water/ice damage while in a field of ice.

We've got a sort of soft sci-fi theme in this game, with kobold tesla rifles and things. How about an ice nuke called Absolute Zero that gets some armor penetration or something - so darn cold, your armor became brittle and therefore less effective?

Please, give me something with which to drown, freeze, pickle, and otherwise *hurt* people in the Water tree. As it is now, I feel like I should be running a Great Fairy Fountain somewhere and waiting for Link to arrive with the spells I currently have.

[​IMG]

Dhanas, Applerust and Vodalian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.