more flags for pve playstyles

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by dweebothegeek, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dweebothegeek

dweebothegeek Avatar

Currently pve is way to easy and not challenging imo because when you die nothing meaningful happens. After discussing this issue with others in the community I have come to understand that some players are happy with this and like very easy game settings. I however do not at all like this at all and want a more challenging pve experience.

I have a proposed solution to please all pve playstyles....

have 3 different pve flag settings... easy.... medium... and hard

easy you keep all items on death and mobs drop standard amount of gold

medium you drop the gold you have acquired in a pve trip but mobs drop double gold

hard mode you drop all items you are carrying on death but mobs drop 3X the amount of gold

or at least two settings. really would like to be able to enjoy pve without feeling like im playing poker with fake money......

of course you need a bank to store previous acquired gold. thoughts?

Bambino likes this.
  2. dweebothegeek

dweebothegeek Avatar

also on hard setting I would like to see no auto resurrection but be required to find a healer or shrine or something like this.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Players should not get too comfortable with how death is handled in PvE currently. All of the planned penalties are not yet implemented. Currently we only have a cooldown and death sickness. There is also going to be equipment damage upon death, XP debt, and potentially item loss from MOBs. Re-read the PvP & Death Megapost as it also applies to PvE.

I think the ideas above could be additional options to existing planned penalties but I think you're also going to need to scale up the MOB difficulty given the rewards. I'm all for hardcore PvE :)

4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

This wouldn't work, it just encourages people to group up where there'd be no fear of death at all, yet magically people get rewarded more for putting themselves in no danger at all?

If you flag, do it because you love that kind of playstyle, not because you want extra stuff (as I said, people will game the system so there's no risk involved at all under such settings).

5. dweebothegeek

dweebothegeek Avatar

let people who want to game the system game it then. that will happen regardless. powergamers will always powergame. so why should people who really want to play the game suffer because of what some potentially will do......

6. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

No it just rewards for no reason. Flags like that should just be for bragging rights.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Agreed but it could be easy to exploit.

8. dweebothegeek

dweebothegeek Avatar

fine then lets get it done for bragging rights then. seriously need more challenging pve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.