More named/rare weapons/armor and crafting masterwork/enchant overhaul ideas

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Drakkhan, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Which ideas do you want to see implemented!

Poll closed Mar 7, 2018.
  1. More Named/Unique drops/treasure/rewards from boss mobs or otherwise

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Crafting Masterwork/Enchantment Overhaul to acheive better tailor-made equipment and to suffer less

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. More visual stimuli on weapons either on rare loot or through crafting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of the above

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. None of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 1/3

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. 2/3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakkhan

Drakkhan Avatar

Let me preface this by saying that I am a loot wh*re(read hoe, not of destruction, or maybe i am, but I digress!) And i do very much love me some shiny things.
    That being said, id like to see some of the following.

More and better named weapons and armor drops, the current is ones are either just for patterns or parts, and the artifact weapons are garbage. I appreciate the crafting is better mindset, but the involvement to gather materials, find a crafter whos literaly dedicated his/her life to crafting and the related masterworking aswell as an alchemist to altnernate in the enchantments just to fail to acheive anythijng near your desired results and/or destroying some/all of your resources aswell. Its very disheartening.

Suggestions:
    in this area I wish Sota would take pages from other MMOs(read the super popular ones no less) dungeons should have bosses and they should drop gear, either comparable to crafted and/or able to be mw/enchanted.

The current enchanting/masterworking system needs to be overhauled, IMO. Instead of requiring dozens upon dozens of a crafted item in the hopes of getting a couple of desired bonuses only to get random crap you dont need or item is destroyed.

Suggestions:
    a) have specific materials tied to specific stats/skill bonuses that could masterworked onto a weapon and then use enchanting to buff those bonuses.(yes i know that the materials used to craft affect this already but for the most part, the impact is imperceptible)

b)( which i believe would be best used in conjunction with point a)
    Regarding mw/enchant failures, have the items + level decrease and stat bonues decrease and if not used in conjunction with a) have skills to delevel an item so a mw/enchant can be retried.

I would also like to see more visual stimuli for weapon enchant.(i.e. the cabalist sword/bogmans club/virtue ice bow/sword, ignite weapon) I could go on for hours with ideas for this but basically have rare boss loot, like cabalists sword with visual effects, aswell as enchantments, like ignite, but crafted, that play to a characters magic strength. (i.e. shocking(air), freezing(water), Soul-stealing (death), flaming(fire), earth shattering(earth), golden/shining(sun), moonlit/dark(ened), chaotic/vorpal(chaos), holy(life) that give bonuses to damage from the associated school and/or additional/alternate damage from the weapon itself and/or thesw can also be the means by which the stat bonuses are granted)
    [Earth-Shattering Ornate Vile Mace of Necromancy +12]
    [Vorpal Battle Scythe of Sorcery +9]
    [Golden Long Bow of Thamalamadingdong(sp?) +69]
    [Moonlit Glaive of Theurgy +10^3.1415926)

Its heartbreaking to amass all these resources to make items and end with bonuses that arent useful to anyone and cant even be PVed resulting in a total loss of time/money invested.

I do so enjoy this game, but theres so much that could be done to make it better and thereby make it more attractive to the new and uninitiated. I want to see this game succeed and I hope that my wishlist/suggestions were presented in a clear cohesive manner that makes sense and can/will be used.

Drakkhan
    The Order of Drunken Elders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.