Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

More odd mob behavior (wolves, bears)

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Abraxas, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

Ran up on a grizzly that didn't notice me while it slowly walked to a rock wall and buried its head in the wall, seemingly trying to walk through it while I fired arrows on it. It never reacted. I think it was on mushrooms.

Wolves casually walking back and forth while I shoot them and other wolves walk through the scene completely unaware. Have yet to experience the pack behavior. Though if I walk through the middle of 3-4 wolves they will all go running. Also, watching wolves from a distance they appear to behave more like grazing animals than wolves. Shouldn't they roam in packs on the hunt and then hide in caves when they are tired? I guess the wolves look a little too aimless yet magically entranced by one 30 yd patch of ground to be realistic.

Also, many times the wolves just run until they get stuck at the edge of the map and are either totally vulnerable and immobile or are out of reach and invincible. I've killed several while they were on the edge of the map only to find that I couldn't skin them because they were out of the edge boundary.

I am a ranged player and I have found that if I don't chase the wolves they often only go to the edge of my range and then just sort of stop and look frightened. I can then just fire on them at will. However, they can sometimes cycle in and out of default behavior (regenerating health quickly) or the fear mode.

I have seen this behavior in both timber wolves and large timber wolves so far.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. This behavior is being reviewed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.