Most Wanted

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Jack SinAssist, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Since Laz and myself needed a place for me to write my news stories for The Daily Britannian (the paper wasn't cooperating with us) and also a place to put our Most Wanted page, I went ahead and set up everything on www.sinassist.com

Our first Most Wanted post is here:
    http://www.sinassist.com/2016/06/29/nbnns-bounty-board/

We look forward to providing the community this information.
    The articles that are written there will also be published on http://www.nbnn.info/news.html

So please, keep an eye out.

Collect those bounties and keep it civil ;)

2. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

If you want a bounty to be added to the NBNN Bounty Board – contact Laz or Jack with the following information:
    1. Name of person with the bounty on their head (make sure and spell it correctly and note similar names e.g. Gix is not the developer Gix Vargach (@matpsch)
    2. The amount of the bounty
    3. What kind of proof is required
    4. Number of people that may collect the bounty.
    5. Time frame in which to leave the bounty active
    6. And then, give Laz or Jack the money to pay out the bounty. (cough important cough)

We will collect all proof for you.
    We will not discuss who solicits the bounty, but we will ask people who collect the bounty if they would like their name to be announced during Lunch with Laz and Jack

Roper Docholiday and Time Lord like this.
  3. Jack Frost

Jack Frost Avatar

And please remember, that I have multiple forum personalities ;)

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Very Happy to see this Jack! :D You Rock!
    ~The Assassin's Book of Names~
    or, "The Book of 1000 Deaths"
    Full loot murder and bonus reward by purchased consent...

[​IMG]

On the simple of it, it's a book that contains an amount of pages where a player character's name to assassinate, who is also an Assassin having opened the same book will appear each time it's opened.

(Please feel very free to express your own ideas into this venture of an Assassin's Quest Item)

Ideas;
    The owner of the book is the only character that can open it.
    When the book is opened it reveals only one page at a time, yet also enters the name of the owner/opener into a pool of names who have also opened their book.
    If there are no other assassins that have opened their book, then the page is blank until another assassin or assassins opens their book. It is highly unlikely that there will be no other assassin who had opened theirs, so this shouldn't happen... hmm... yet it is also highly unlikely that any two assassins would ever be after each other.
    The book page will remain blank if no target is available.
    No one assassin player will ever have more than one assassin after them at any time.
    If a book remains closed after a successful or unsuccessful assassination, the owner is not subject to being assassinated, until the book is reopened by it's owner.
    Each book has a certain number of pages.
    With each successful assassination a bonus of gold is given.
    With each successful assassination there after, the bonus gold is increased until the book's pages have been filled.
    A book would not reveal it's content until completed.
    Once a book is filled, it becomes a regular book entitled, "Book of 1000 Deaths" (or however many successful assassinations have been successfully completed by the owner).
    Once filled, then each page will have a player's name who was successfully assassinated (as trophy, rare and interesting. Such a book would attract any reader.
    In the case of an unsuccessful assassination, where the assassin dies, they would then thus loose a page from their own book (thus a book of 1000 deaths becomes a book of 999 potential deaths).
    Upon a successful assassination, the assassin can fully loot their victim of everything except reward items or blessed by any means items.
    Upon an assassination failure, the targeted would be victim will have the ability to fully loot the dead assassin of all of their belongings that are not reward items or blessed by any means.
    The guards will not interfere because both players are assassins by consent.
    Other player can help the victim defend themselves, yet if the assassin dies with the help of their friends, then no full looting or assassination failure will result and the assassin's target remains the same without failure.

During early release of our game, the book will be a Stretch Goal item with 1000 pages, with no specified limit to how many of these books a player could own. ($10 or $20 a book? Portalarium needs to set a price).
    There after early release, the book would be sold in the add-on store where each book contained only 100 pages.

Needed Computer Programing?
    The books do not come with all the names in them, the names come from a main list of players who have opened their book and thus on the same quest but not the same target, thus the books are all connected to each other in some unknown magical computer wizardly internet way that the ~Time Lord~ hasn't the brain cells to figure it all out with.... o_O
    So I truly don't have any idea of how easy of SotA Programing friendly any or all of this is, but this item seems to fill a want and desire of the masses that long for a taste of assassination, murder and full loot...
    So I do hope you'll add your comments, because other shouts for murder and full loot seem to have not reach their target ;)

These are just ideas,

This is by no means a complete idea, so please speak up whether you are a PvP player or regular peaceful player or anywhere in-between, as such a thing would effect your world as well.

This has been my presentation in idea of;
    "The Book of 1000 Deaths" or "The Assassin's Book of Names"
    I thank you all for your reading & considerations :)!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

That's just a very old post but generally the same theme...
    There maybe some useful ideas bouncing around in it, or just pure dribble... :p

Keep up the good work Jack! & Love what you've done for us all :)!'
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Roper Docholiday likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have a few questions:

1. It appears that you're list has "1 GP" as the reward for someone. Is that 1 gold piece or 1 gold obsidian crown?
    2. Does the BMC or NBNN guarantee payment? For example, if someone shows up to collect their 5000 GP for Lazarus Long, is that payment guaranteed?
    3. How do you prevent players from collecting the bounty on themselves?
    4. Do you guarantee the anonymity of the killer (as least as much as you can)?
    5. Have you thought any of this through?

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Absolutely love the idea. Well done. I hope Pol can actually integrate something like this into the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

@Jack Frost really is me too. :)
    1. It is one GP not a crown.
    2. In order to pay out and list the bounty - Laz and myself are collecting the gold prior to payment from the person listing the bounty - so it is guaranteed. This is not related to the BMC. It is purely an NBNN venture. Hell, if you want, contact Laz or myself and take out a hit on anyone. I have no problems with it.
    3. With the numbers of alts that some people have this is always a possibility. It is also possible that people have their friends collect the bounty. If there is a bounty where the original person who took out the contract, we will only payout the contract once per person, even if they kill the person 100 times.
    4. Yes, we do. That is why we will ask them if they would like their names discussed, if not, they can remain anonymous - however, the person that does the killing will be known by the person who died. There is no UO version of incognito here ;)
    5. What kind of silly question is this? You must be mistaking this for something else.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*Time Lord's face begins to change like some hideous scene in Face Off*

"Hot Blood on a Cold Britannian Knight, on 61" a short children's story by Emit Drol.... :cool:

So you want to know what I do. Well I’ll tell you a story. It’s a short story, but still as depressing as some of the other stuff I’ve seen in my line of work. You might want to refresh your drink stranger *Emit motions for drink for he and his stunned companion, the barmaid trembles as she sets them both up with another round*

It was dark. It was cold too. A whole night outside would have killed a man. The snow created a pretty contrast to the harshness of the cold, a nice effect that would almost make us not dread winter. But we still do. A shriek of terror sounded off far away, showing me that even in the harshest of conditions, people still need to work. Now, you can either be a criminal, or you can be anything else. There’s only a small fine line between the two you know. So I stay as close to it as possible. Anyway, the shriek interrupted the quiet night where the only sound was the whispering wind, slowly intruding into any gap in my clothing, looking to chill the warmth. I was looking for someone. I’d been paid. I should’ve said no because of this damn cold but a guy has to eat. My client was a Knightly gentleman and I didn't know who his mark was or what they looked like. I just knew her name. My client wanted me to deliver a message to her. My client said to get to her by any means possible. I didn’t ask any further questions. I’ve been charged to deliver a message. I check my dagger is still there bumping against my ribs. I didn’t even think my fingers could have managed to keep it level, let alone plunge it into someone's chest, such was the cold. It just provides me with a feeling of security through the messages it delivers. This girl was said to be a bar girl. I’m not one to judge. People have to make a living in this piece of sh&t town known as Kingsport. People have to survive and I’m dammed lucky I landed this job. The missing people, the murders, the kidnappings, the Brew smuggling, all my fields of work. In all the many ways I hate this small port town, I’m also grateful I’ve always got work. We do what we must and move on. You know what I’m talking about. Hell your kind isn’t much better. You make money from despair of all the tradesmen that you hold up by the roads. But, like I said, I don’t judge. She's not one of us, she's the local school teacher and she was just around here asking about you". I was speechless for a moment... how did this school girl know of me'? I flip the bar girl a coin and walked on to where my new so called client lived, a Knight of some community stature of strangely hidden wealth. There the fat porker Knight was, sitting at his home stroking his cat while his face was covered with all the grease from fat soaked chicken leg he was gnawing on. I told him I needed double my fee because I had run into some unexpected extra expenses. He told me to wait as he got up from the table and went out from his back door. As I sat there wondering about the cat he had left behind just staring at me I noticed he and a dark cloaked figure from outside the window with seemingly boney looking hands. When he returned he plopped down triple my fee on the table and told me I should be most careful not to be seen or caught or bad things could happen to me in the midnight's cold. I just nodded to him, took the cash and made my exit. I flipped a beggar outside in the street a coin and told him to "I hope you keepin' warm tonight old man", yet as I was leaving him there, I heard a deep voice from him, "The Goddess is watching be warned". The sound of his voice sent new shivers through me from the cold, but I never stopped walking away into the dark where my kind find their ways. I arrived at the school teachers house and there I first saw her with some children all around her eating from a very small loaf of bread. My thought's drifted back to my own years growing up as orphans do and it was then I noticed as my thoughts began to fade that I had turned a bit and was now staring directly at the moon through the eye of the ankh that stood in the yard. Then a startling deep voice rang terror in my ear. It was the beggar pointing at an abandon building that lay shortly down the street. He said, "In that place they will be working within the week, all for that seemingly great Knight who's house is where we first meet". I looked back into the beggars face and it had no smile to be seen, just deep penetrating eyes that seemed to say something to my soul. As my eyes were now dry from my astonishment I blinked... and he was gone... yet a voice now inside my head I heard a sure as in the day there is light, "Ask the Goddess" as it faded away amongst the silent cold that I now felt as of pure ice. I know where this fat Lord porker will be this morning on his way to market in Brit, so I knelt down before the ankh and preyed to the Goddess "where you want this killin' done"? and the Goddess replied "Down on Brit Merchant Highway 61"...

And So I Ask You Stranger, Are You In o_O?'

Then round your guild up and meet me by Brit Highway 61...
    ~Emit Drol~:cool:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Spoon likes this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Oh I'm so going to place high bountys on my friends:D shame on them for not joining me before final wipe

@Jack SinAssist can we use items as rewards or is it just gold?

10. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Items will be acceptable. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.