Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

mostly clear sept 10 revert.

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Omnedon, Oct 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

Hopped in on the Sept 10 revert. This time period I was actually in the process of emptying one of my basements. I didn't noticed anything really amiss. Four lots, houses, deco, basements, npc's and dungeons all appeared (near as I can tell) as they did back then. Bank and inventory worked and moving stuff around worked..
    I use steam client and login with steam.

I do have an alt on a diff sota account without a steam account.
    It wouldn't allow me to login in. Error message

[URCHIN] Missing or corrupted installation files detected. Please Reinstall game.

I assume this is because i type login/pass for this account and it won't work with QA steam..?

Don't know if it's important, I didn't noticed From the Vault in the crown store.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it's because you have missing or corrupted files. please reinstall game, if it's standalone, or repair files if you switched yout steam install to the qa branch.

3. Omnedon

Omnedon Avatar

ok to be clear.
    I normally run SotA thru Steam on live.

I've always been able to either log in with my Steam linked account, OR normal log in (name/password) for my non-steam linked account.

In this case, I was running the Steam QA/Beta version.
    Logging into a Steam-linked account worked just fine, no problems.
    Attempting to log in with a non-steam account (name/password) gave the error.

I bring this up because because it's always worked fine on live, can log in either way.
    I verified the integrity of the files thru Steam client. All good.
    Then attempted to login with the exact same results. Steam-linked worked, Non-steam didn't.

So then I just downloaded the stand alone Windows SotA QA. And clean installed in a different folder. Ran it.
    Log in thru Steam option greyed out. Normal log in available, worked just fine with my non-steam account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.