Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Movement Overland Map and Tabing Cursor.

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Gamician, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

We are unable to walk or run on the Overland Map using the Right or Right/Left Mouse Buttons just using WSAD.
    When in an instance and the Cursor is on the screen (Hitting Tab) you cannot move forward using the Right or Right/Left Mouse Button.
    If you remove the Cursor on the Overland Map so you can move with your Mouse then you have no cursor to Click on Enter Points like Cities and Instances.
    In instances and you have the Cursor on every time you hit something or accidentally hit your Left Mouse Button the Cursor Disappears. If you go into Combat without it, and you are one who uses the Cursor to activate your Glyphs, you end up staring at the sky and being hit over and over while you frantically go for the Tab key.
    I'm sure eventually I would get used to this but to me it seems like a lot of extra steps to get nowhere.
    Why has this been made so complicated. Why cannot the Cursor be left on the screen at all times.

It just seems like there are more and more things being added that just add lots of extra useless time to the game. The Death Penalty to me is just another example. I only have a certain amount of time to play each day. Hitting the Tab key 25000 times in an hour is not what I consider a good use of my time. Waiting around for a minute + so I can Rez is another. Am I supposed to be fighting the MOB's or running from them? To me PvM means you go out and attack, live or die fight to the death. Not, oh look I'm about to die, Oh Gee I do not want that Death Penalty, better Run, Hide, Shake and Shiver.

2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The crosshair on the overland map is awkward, it should be disabled on the overland map.
    Also it is awkward that we have the old movement/control scheme on the overland map. This is confusing.

I think that we should get a click to move movement type for the overland map. This would be much better and more logical. We click on the ground and the Avatar moves there.

CrazyPhil and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I like to play to NOT die.. I like the death penalties now.. something to prevent me from abusing the ankh resurrection 'feature'.

4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea death changes were needed.

5. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Just wait to they finally (hopefully) add mobs looting your corpse after they kill you. Then you're also going to have to chase them down to exact revenge and reclaim your loot. This feature was once talked about being planned. Once added then PvE will get some much needed risk.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.