Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Moving Private Item Without Permission

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by SpotD, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Title: Moving Private Item Without Permission - The Magic Candle Stick

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No

Details: Testing Permission options for Kindred sharing a house. Adjusted Permissions to 'non-private' 'Kindred' on all deco items except for a candle on top of a box which was left as 'Private'. Logged in with alt character. I was not able to pick up or move candle. I was able to pick up box with candle on top and moved from shelf to floor. I was then able to pick up the candle and moved this to the floor at the side of the box. I got the 'Server' message as in the dialogue box and the candle 'poofed', do not know where to.

User Specs: AMD FX-8350 8 core 4.01GHz, 16Gb, Win7 Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GTX750Ti

Build: 577

Loc: Area: Spite (Novia_R5_City_Spite) Loc: (115.1, 38.2, 290.7) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDExNS4xNDcsIDM4LjIsIDI5MC43MjUpfCgwLCAtMC42NTUsIDAsIDAuNzU1KXwyNjIuNjE5M3wzMC4wODk0NnwyLjE4MTUzNw==

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Bom and Spoon like this.
  2. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Having moved the box back to the shelf. I logged out. On logging back in (or on logging in with alt character) the candle stick reappears on top of the box where it was originally placed.

Played around with this a bit more. On moving the candle and placing on floor the server message was the same so this was reproducible.

Trying to move the box and candle to inventory gave the default 'unable to move items with items on top' message.

I could pick up the candle on it's own but on attempting to place in inventory I got the following error - and the candle returned to the box after briefly appearing in inventory -

[​IMG]

If I picked up the candle and placed on the floor I got the server error message as originally posted and candle was not visible. I was then able to remove the box to inventory. Logging out and back in and the candle is now gone. Does not appear in the scene.

Took the box from inventory and replaced on floor. No candle. On logging out and back in candle reappeared on top of box in it's original position - Magic !!!

The Disappeariung Candle Stick Trick.

Spoon likes this.
  3. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

-- what if an item with a Magic Candle Stick on top is given/sold to another character and placed on another plot.

Does the candle reappear but with Private Ownership of the original placer??

We still have many options and variations on the trick to try out...

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Not possible to trade stacked decorations.

5. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Yeah but.....

..did you read all of the original post.....

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I did, and will report for the issues you did observe. Just wanted to do a quick post response before you spent time testing something we know can't be done. :)

Haven't submitted a bug yet because I'm in Triage Mode looking for Big Nasty breaks and bugs first.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  7. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Yeah but..............

......just proved it can.......

8. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

...and further tests are interrupted awaiting update to 578...

9. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

So here is the sequence of events so far....(Sorry v.long with lots of pics)

Main character replaces box on shelf with candle stick on top. Box is not private Kindred. Candle stick is Kindred but Private (to main character).

Log in alt. At this point 'left click' on candle has no effect. But 'left click' on box makes both green.

[​IMG]

Move box to floor.

[​IMG]

Now, 'left click' on candle stick makes it green. Move to floor at side of box. Candle poofs and get server message.

[​IMG]

Transfer box to inventory.

[​IMG]

Take to Public Vendor (Own vendor works same) and list for sale.

[​IMG]

On return to lot found the candle stick here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....to here..............

[​IMG]

Go and buy back box from Public Vendor......

[​IMG]

Place box down in different place......note position of candle stick....

[​IMG]

Log out. Log back in.......and AbracadabrA........ Magic Candle reappears on box......

[​IMG]

Bom likes this.
  10. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

My hypothesis is that this will work if the box is bought by another character and placed on a different lot.

You will have to test this yourself as I only have one lot. My hunch is that the candle with dissappear from my lot and appear on the buyers box.

Note that the Magic Candle Stick retains the 'Private to User' property and it would therefore make it impossible for another to move or remove in this scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.