Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multiple Meticulous Collection intervals - give chance at rarer loot

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by brhanson2, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I was thinking today that maybe we could get a chance at some items only obtainable at different multiple levels of Meticulous Collection. Say at 4 collections you have a chance to loot X and at 6 you get a chance to loot Y.

Something like that.

Ancev and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

IIRC, meticulous only works on the main resource from the node, cotton from a cotton bush, for example.

I think if the x2, x3, etc chances were the same as the first collection then it would be more worth it. What I mean is that if you have X chance to get a beetle carapace from the cotton bush, then your x2 should have the same X chance to get a beetle carapace.

3. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I like that as well. But it would be neat if we could get some unique or rarer type item the longer our run.

uhop and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I think we'd be better off served by having the rare item available on every attempt and every metic attempt being the same chance to pull any/all stuff as the first. This would mean that x2 is two attempts, x3 is a third, etc. If the first attempt is 1%, then you are actually getting a 3% chance with a metic x3.

5. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I could live with that :)

6. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

With the number of rare mats needed it would be really helpful if each attempt had a separate chance to pull, so if you were lucky you could get two or three of the Rares from a node.

Net and LoneStranger like this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That'd make MC too powerful I'd think. Better to let any MC have a crack at the rare loots but only ever let one pull at any slot, i.e. an MC could pull a suet off a wolf, but only if the initial draw didn't.

8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

This would be a good compromise.

9. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I could live with that. It would at least give some benefits to a high MC skill.

10. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Right now meticulous collection actually lowers the yield per hour, if you have minimal downtime. At least for mining. MC should indeed provide a chance on the same yield as the first roll so it's an actual bonus.

11. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I'd like to see more producer xp granted per meticulous chance too. Say you get 500xp per node then 25xp per meticulous chance?

LoneStranger likes this.
  12. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

I'm not sure about the extra XP, you're already getting extra stuff coming out of the same effort as is. Seems a bit too far, at least to me.

Am very much in favor of having meticulous chained successes having a chance (maybe 1/2 normal?) to get rare drops - tin, corpses, bugs, whatever the node could normally drop. I think having each meticulous gather having the same chance as the base makes meticulous ridiculously overpowered, however.

13. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

That's not really accurate. You can interrupt the meticulous collection and get the yield it was on. If you're particularly concerned with absolute efficiency, and you are absolutely never waiting on respawns, then just cancel the meticulous and reap the extra piece. However, on materials like silver or gold, where there is down time and there are no special items to be looted, it dramatically helps. Either way, it is a net increase in materials.

Theonetheonly likes this.
  14. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Dunno, maybe it is a net increase due to the spawn changes in R35. There was some guy that posted his yields with different mining levels and the result was a lower yield with high meticulous. Even if it is an increase for gold and silver, it is a decrease for rare mats which doesn't feel right for me.

15. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  16. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

It's only a decrease in rare mats under these two conditions:

1) absolutely zero down time between nodes
    2) You allow the animation to complete fully

If either of these conditions are untrue, then it is NOT a loss if rare resources and only a net gain. Eventually you learn when a MC procs because there is a split second delay instead of instant success in the bar.

At that point you can move and still complete the MC. You roll the extra ore at the start of the bar. Competing the MC bar is only for chaining. This means you turn 1/2 of a second into an extra ore and Are free to move to the next node without any loss of rare materials. Period.

Additionally, as far as the extra non-rare ore, I need seven swings of my pick to complete a harvest. Three swings for a MC. On non-rare materials, that is a net gain 100% of the time because it allows more ore to spawn, and reduces time spent running while increasing time spent harvesting.

This also assumes that ore is always spawned, which it isn't. Time spent running to the next ore, or waiting for a spawn, is not time swinging your pickaxe, which translates into fewer resources per hour.

TL:DR, In environments where the ore is forever respawning and you never need to wait, moving immediately when MC procs will result in equal rare materials, but higher basic ore. In environments where ore isn't forever spawned (90 % of the time), meticulous collection reduces the time spent not swinging your pickaxe, resulting in significantly higher base ores, and often equal rare materials.

Laurana likes this.
  17. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I don't mind the extra time to mine a node for extra materials, but I'm not grinding xp in a mine I'm just hitting what I see as I go about my business. I don't think adding the materials or a little bit of bonus xp to MC will really hurt anything honestly, but I also don't think you should get the extra materials when you abort the collection.

18. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Another option I've seen done is to cap additional loot rolls to the the lowest previous roll even. So no rare drops on the first roll means no rare drops at all, but if you get something on the first roll then the MC has a chance to get a 2nd, lower quality, loot drop.

Theonetheonly likes this.
  19. Theonetheonly

Theonetheonly Avatar

That seems like it'd work - nice thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.