1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Multiply ideas for craft and artifacts

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Stealch, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

1. In game IS ABSENT any artifact, food, drink, potion, artifact or imbued jewel for smelting proficiency - only +5 from shrine and +5 from engraved tool. Due to the emergence of new recipes (Empty Flask, Hardened as example, which need 120 skill level) i can't craft new Aether Potions. My alchemy skill is able to make it, but i can't learn the recipe for bottles. May be need add some buffs for smelting skill?

2. when i salvage artifacts i can get some imbued jewels, BUT(!) i I salvage belt and get jewel which i can't install into my crafted belt! Where is the logic? I propose to add the possibility of inlay for belts and backslots, this could be fair.

3. Jewel to Gem conversion (and Gem to Jewel) must have!

4. Again Cuttlekin and Frogkin. I don't want transparency and green skin effects, but imbued jewels from this rings is of poor quality. Please make ability for remove those effects. How? You decide.

5. Inlaid rings and amulets: amulet is larger then ring, so may be need to increase it for 2 jewels?

6. Halberd of sun. This artifact have shape completely inappropriate to the name. Where is sun when this artifact is dark-glowing? It looks like Halberd of Death! Reshape it please.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    Elgarion, FBohler and FrostII like this.
  2. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

7. Please add imbued Gem with decrease spell fizzle.

8. Allow use different gems in one item if need 2 gems (two-handed weapon).

9. Please allow inlaid Taming Necklace because: a) this is necklace; b) it is crafted; so all parameters are suitable, why it can't be inlaid and enchant?

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Agreed!

Stealch likes this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I think because this is a very nice list it's best to just go through and add my thoughts in the same order

I quite like that some of these new recipes add validity to raising skills past GM. A nice session in the mines, an hour or two in Elysium, can gather enough XP to take smelting from 100 to 110, and the existing buffs (+5 table, +5 tool) can finish things off, taking one to 120.

My first concern with this is just how powerful it would make us. With the current jewels another +30% rapid fire or +20 glancing blow or a number of other combos could get very powerful. This could be balanced by lowering the base power of the skill, but then many jewels are either required in a full set to make it worth it, or the skill is abandoned because other jewels offer more power.

Beyond that, many of the jewels from belts are also the main stat on the belt. Since the jewels are the same power as epic artifacts to get +45% rapid fire or +75% skinning speed, for example, takes only 3 jewels (an average of 6 uncommon belts). To get the extra last bit, 15% more rapid fire damage or 25% more skinning speed takes a full epic belt, 32 uncommon artifacts. This gives a nice target for those looking to fully max out stat at all costs, and means that the belt slot almost certainly must surrender some base stat (str, dex, int) to gain this benefit. Getting my epic brutal butcher belt was a great adventure, and now I have the fun of collecting again for another, so I can have one worked with str, and another worked with int.

If we get sockets on other slots I think it would be cool to have them be a third type do avoid the difficulty in balancing something that can stack so high without making it either OP or not useful. Something like a "buckle" would make sense on belts/hats/shoes, but I am sure others have ideas as well.

This has a lot of the same trouble as above. The balance on current gems/jewels is frankly impressive. I don't know how much work went into it, but it's a seriously difficult task to make gems/jewels like this strong enough to be useful, at least situationally, but not so strong they're the only reasonable choice, or are just completely overpowered. Obviously the balance right now isn't perfect, and perfection's probably impossible here, but letting us change gems to jewels and vice versa would I think be dangerous.

Hmm, this is a fun one. We have coto potions that can give you different skin effects, maybe a craftable potion that lasts for a while (24h?) that overrides any skin change effects you have on? People might also enjoy mixing it with green growth to just be large, but otherwise normal looking. Maybe one that cancels player scale effects too?

Hehe, if I'm honest this one also reads as "can I have more free bonus power please?", which I totally understand, but I am also against. I think we have plenty of power, and many ways to use it to the best effect in different situations.

I think it's neat, but you have a good point.

There are jewels to do this, off of Acara Gauntlets. They're super rare, but incredibly powerful. This jewels are the secret to a lot of very high power builds, and could be incredibly nasty in PvP. Personally I think they make sense on the jewel channel, but could be fine on Gem channel as well (where they would loose a lot of the efficacy, since they'd need to replace attunement gems much to the detriment of their primary use, heavy mages). I think allowing them on both channels might get OP.

This would also be very cool, though allowing folks to add two different Heavyweight Attunements to the same staff might be a bit OP? Maybe not, split attunement builds are very hard as it is. If anything it might just open up some cool new builds.

Taming can be a very powerful tree, especially for the XP put in, but I would also love to see socketable and mw/enchantable neck slots for tamers. Current jewels are just too much fun to exclude tamers from them!

Elgarion likes this.
  5. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

And new one idea: have you watched the series "Outpost"? This idea directly from there.
    10. Add craftable taming RING! And definitely upgradable with enchantments and stones - it will be very cool!

6. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

11. You did a great job adding the presence of basements and dungeons to the list of lots, but here it is: for some unknown reason you went the other way ... First of all, most are interested in WHERE the SELLER, and not where the basement or dungeon. I'm not talking about the question about the global search for goods, which has set the teeth on edge, at least make a search for the sellers themselves. Let it be just a boolean true/false, 0 or 1, whether there is a seller on the lot or not.

7. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

12. Add some chance to get seeds when harvest plants.
    13. Make skill "Detection" not useless.
    14. Hire a native Russian speaker to correct the curiosities. In game very mane errors linked with machine translation, like translated name of town "Heartwood" - this is PROPER NAME, part of speech NOT TO BE translated.

8. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

15. Please add cat-like battle pets!

9. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

16. Use dynamic name list for non-quest NPC children. In Novia and some towns of Mistendour a lot of children with name "Hedgehog" and "Child". When i ask they for name a got answer "My name is "Child" or "Hedgehog" from all children in location.

10. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

17. Allow to socketing one-handed weapon with 2x Jewels (but do not remove ability to install 1x Gem!)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  11. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

18. Allow use Totems as tabletop/house decoration because in description they are DECORATIONS.

12. Stealch

Stealch Avatar

19. Add craftable fancy/ornate/glass/oak doors for houses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.