My Avatar's Profile

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Loon2U, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loon2U

Loon2U Legend of the Hearth

So before I start I'd like to point out that I'm not trying to hijack the SOTA story or anything else. This is just an idea that popped in my head to get an idea of how to role and react to situations. This first part is barely under 600 words so hopefully it doesn't text-crit anyone who reads this. But I'm mostly sharing this for comments and criticism for the art. Been watching Pen of the Avatar over and over to learn photoshop.

[​IMG]

LLL journal
    “You’re right next to me,” I taunted. “I know it.”
    I swear that my thoughts have actually started to echo off the walls that I just had to say something. The vibe of nature has been tickling my senses until just now. It was an instant silence.
    The details of why to investigate this cave are lost in my memories, but I am here on ‘Justice’ business. Lately I have been finding myself running all over this continent, when I ran into a village that’s being plagued by spiders. Not the live in the walls that eat other insect’s kind. No, these were bigger than a human and they had a lust for human flesh. Not sure if that sounded sexual. Or it could be how my mind interprets the world after that ‘being’ tried to take over my mind. Normally this giant spider clan rarely bothered the folk above ground. But recently, about a month back, this clan has been skittering up from the depths and using the townsfolk as a meal.
    “A meal never has to walk far to get eaten in this cave,” I continued with the taunt. “Err… So I was told.”
    The critters up top were very easy to get past. They looked and reacted like a simple hive minded, um… mind. However, the ‘clicking’ speech that barely wafted up my way gave me the proof I needed that there was some intelligence in this clan. I heard something like “No mumble, mumble,” and “sister,” “talks strange,” and “like last one.”
    “Come on. I’m getting rotten standing here!” I pushed harder.
    More clicking of speech statements: “Taunting me”, “remember other”. I finally had enough and stuck the toe of my boot over what looked to be a cliff.
    “Look, I’ll stick my toes out for you to bite. Then, when your lips touch my skin, your clan will be remembered as the greatest toe kissers of all...” Wow, did that get them going. There were two of them and they were fast.
    The first one that came over the ridge was easily dealt with using my staff. Its power allowed me to combine two elements, earth and air. Air to crack open the carapace to allow nightshade (earth) to flow through the blood and knock out the spider.
    When I sliced down at the one on the right, my sword shook in an effort to stop the blow. My hesitation was noticed by the spider. It flew into me, both tackling me and biting the right side of my stomach. Then used the momentum to carry me up the side of the cave and start to web my feet to the ceiling. After flipping my blade to a forward grip, I brought the pommel down (or up because my back was against the ceiling) on the back of the spider’s head. It released its bite on me. When the spider’s head fell back, I shoved the moss ring of my staff into its mouth and shot a knock out blast of nightshade (earth) into the maw. The attack was enough to make the spider let go of me and fall to the ground. It was only enough to stun it for small time.
    I was starting to pass out from the poison at this point. Summoning what willpower I had left I cast two spells, a vine from the ground to hold the spider down and a poison purge for my wound. Then I remember drifting in and out of consciousness with eight angry red eyes staring at me.

X

2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Hi Loon2U, I was thrilled by your story and the way you handled the spider encounter. Great use of light/dark in the artwork too. Keep the ideas coming.

Loon2U likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.