Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My card combat feedback and suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by da.n.ynu.tk.os.@gmail.com, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

@op not a bad idea but the system needs more testing on all fronts before they make a drastic change like that.

Agree with Ned, The Secret World could offer some inspiration.

2. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Avatar

Adam, I really enjoyed your assessment of the system and I think your suggestions are fantastic. That's what this pre-alpha testing is for, and posts like this could really help improve the combat system if the devs listen. Thanks a lot for that.

Unfortunately in this community, you have people that try to steam roll you out of the way and belittle you. Don't let that happen, you're doing great work.

My only suggestion would be to split skills/spells into 4 categories: Ranged Physical, Melee Physical, Offensive Casting, Defensive/Support Casting.

Then you split your hotbar of say... 12 slots up to four ways and assign each quadrant to one of the four skill/spell sets. You can cut each hotbar down to just one slot if you like (which may not work, but I'm just thinking off the top of my head), or run the bars two or three ways. Fully customizable. So now you can fully customize your sets and which sets you want your character to be proficient in. That's a little more complicated, but to me it makes perfect sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.