My current sword build

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by languard, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. languard

languard Avatar

Starting to learn traditional German long sword, and I've been making my own practice swords. This one is my current project:

[​IMG]

Currently I have Love carved into the hilt on both sides, and plan on carving Courage on the blade and Truth on the hilt. The dremel tool didn't work as well as I thought it would, though it could be because I have the wrong attachment type. Also really annoyed at the mistake I made while making the grip where I cut into the blade area a tiny bit.

For those curious, the wood is maple. Once this sword is done I plan on making one out of oak. I'd like to make one out of impact grade hickory, but that stuff is crazy hard to find in board form :(

2. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Nicely done.

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  3. languard

languard Avatar

OK, this dremel bit worked a lot better. I think I'll leave it as the natural wood color, has a good effect I think. Think I'll call this one done. It's good enough for non-striking practice and I've got a lot of lessons learned, so time to start working on the oak blank.

[​IMG]

Truth and Love will keep your blade sheathed. Courage and Truth will see you through the fray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.