My experience as Steward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lilith Ayin, Feb 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have recently been appointed Steward of a POT. I don't know if the person who gave me the appointment wants it to be known, so I won't say her name or the name of the POT, but thank you, I'm delighted!

I am commissioned to build and decorate a part of the POT and it is going great.
    I started by building a small central square, it was pretty but it was really "very normal". The Governor told me that I needed to expand more so I took apart what I had done and started over. I have no problems to do and undo, in UO I spent years building, decorating and destroying my houses and I was the happiest person in the world :D

This time I did not start in the center, I started on the side and without a preconceived idea. In this way I have put a small walled neighborhood, with some NPC buildings, a cemetery and some houses, trying to preserve as many trees as possible. I love the wild look of villages with lots of trees!
    And I have also tried to have lots for different tastes, for those who want to have neighbors and for those who want to have a little privacy.
    As I told the Governor, I feel powerful deciding where people will live :D:D:D

A couple of days ago I discovered that I can drop items into the POT while I'm flying. What a find! Now I can move very quickly and place things without feeling the weight of my backpack.

And I have also discovered the difficulties of laying walls and roads. Those small elevations that you can't see at first glance and that you only discover when you have placed a kilometric wall and it is impossible to place the next wall, and you have to spend hours thinking and trying how to avoid that elevation or that small gap. It's fun!

Now I'm building the craft and entertainment area for the neighborhood. I would like to do something beautiful and original, that the player who walks through the area likes and wants to visit it again.

And I have to say that after this experience, I am even more looking forward to having my own POT at some point.
    I want to be Governor because it's sooo cool!

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I greatly am looking forward to when you possibly can get your own town. You do such a great job of decoration, and I’ll expect nothing but excellence in the finest decoration within your town! :D

FrostII and Lilith Ayin like this.
  3. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thank you very much, it is easy to do something that I love :)
    I'm about to finish law degree, maybe I should have studied decoration or something like "how to make the world a little more beautiful" :D

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just consider it you hobby, and one you are good at!

But I would ask that you right now start to do, and that’s having your town have a theme. Make it unique and functional. Really take the time to think that through. There’s so many themes you could do with your town.

Lilith Ayin, FrostII and Violet Ronso like this.
  5. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

I have thought about it, I would like to do something halfway between Sleepy Hollow and Harry Potter, although sometimes things sound good in my mind and when I start doing them I get a disaster, but I would like something like tale-magical-gothic .
    I have an obsidian inn at the bank that I miss and it fits my idea perfectly, and I also want to put a little witch house like the one I did for the screenshot contest, but more Hänsel and Gretel type.
    I have many ideas boiling in my head, but it will depend on the means I have. Although I think of the POT as a project to last a long, long time, so I'll do it little by little. When I have it of course :D

Anpu and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.