My experiences and feedback on the Path of Love quest

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Rosemourne, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I decided to finish the Path of Love quest earlier this month and was able to knock out most of it in a day. Overall my experience with the quest was mixed. I thought the story was good, but several inconsistencies and easily overlooked hinderences (Such as the sparkly wave, enemies attacking quest NPCs who don't fight back, e.t.c.) killed the experience. While I didn't come across too many bugs, a few hiccups in the chat system prolonged the pain and frustration. When I finished the quest I was pretty annoyed and was ready for it to be over. I decided to cool off and wait a couple of weeks before posting feedback as to not let my anger taint my feedback.

I've linked to an imgur album with screenshots with captions. Each screenshot and caption gives an idea of my thoughts at the time of the shot. You might be able to tell that as time passed I became more and more frustrated. Anywho, obligatory

Now, I will say that I think the experience would have been very positive if the inconsistencies and oversights are fixed. I'm starting the path of courage now and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be taking screenshots and doing a similar feedback album for that path. Probably the biggest thing that annoyed me was a certain NPC that always somehow found himself deep in a dangerous dungeon before I arrived, despite always being behind me.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Rosemourne looks like Im real close to the end, I couldnt find all the notes. got hacked off as getting to malice wasnt that easy.. I couldnt get through some zone possibly vauban pass without dying so i could get the other side of some gate..

I did get to malace, and talk with the guy and his woman and stuck on the barrier bit... i ran out of patience with it about then and havent gone back

Gregg247 and Rosemourne like this.
  4. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I also stopped following the Path of Love quest line in Malice, as I couldn't remove the barrier there or figure out how to help Samual. Also, the dungeon was way too hard for me even though I have 100s of hours of playtime which is somewhat annoying.

liz_the_wiz and Gregg247 like this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I am going to redo this and the other two with an offline toon to find more bugs - dialog and quest items.

Only 2 months till Launch supposedly.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I think it also doesnt help that we maybe do a bit and stop, if you go all the way through its probably easier because if we stop/start theres bits that change... and maybe we then dont have something to move on that you would have done if you'd done it all today

7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Thank you @Rosemourne - I made it to Malice and talked to Muriel & Samael. but at my current level (61 mage) I can't make it to Anapa to discuss the latest Adoris' cupcake recipes ;)

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah the end of the Love Quest is rough...i still have to finish it. And honestly i think that one is the hardest. Alot of things that had to fight through. Truth wasnt too bad. I got it done pretty fast once the last leg was fixed. Now dont get me started on Courage....quest hung up for me and i have no way to restart it or finish it. By all rights it should be done for me. I will finish the Love quest and see if i can talk to the Oracle. Ignore your journal for the most part cause half the stuff there you know you did wont disappear ...journal is borked.

Cordelayne and discipleofweb like this.
  9. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

SPOILER

When I played through the story line not more than a week after this post, the notes and barrier that people reference here weren't in my play through. There was the barrier after Anapa, but that falls when you kill him. Did a significant part of the quest get removed in that time?

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes there were seven items needed to pass through a poison barrier.

Vyrin likes this.
  11. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks! But I wonder why? It sounds fun depending on how well it was done....

discipleofweb and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The barrier is bugged in the current release and therefore was removed temporarily

Vyrin likes this.
  13. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Is it now out of the game?

Sadly Vyrin, it was not very well done at the time. I don't want to put in any spoilers, but as @discipleofweb stated you needed these items to bring down the barrier. The problem was it wasn't very intuitive, it was sheer luck (as a lore pack rat) that led to me figuring it out. Overall I liked the concept, but there needs to be better direction for folks to figure it out. :D

I also wholeheartedly agree with your points about the story/quests being very weak and confusing. I know they are still working on this, but the story and quests are a major part of the game for me and so far it has been very disappointing. I still don't fully grasp what I did in the Love and Truth quests. Courage was fairly easy aka boring.

Vyrin and discipleofweb like this.
  14. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There were four notes to find - at the beginning before the spiders and around crates in the dungeon. The last note gave a clue to look for the three gems, which were hidden on skeletons.

Vyrin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.