Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My feedback of the summonings of the R41

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Sakarisei, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakarisei

Sakarisei Avatar

Maybe it's me, and I must train more the summonings. However, since I've played with one guy who has got the summonings at level 60, excepting the big case of the Air Elemental which have got the hugely the best ammount of HP, but the biggest ammount of Focus Penalty in comparison with the other summonings, I'd like to write here my opinion of the summonings.

Summoning are generally much better than before. Although they're still weak like before R41, they won't die from one hit in comparison with R40 or a previous release. I mean, yeah, they have more HP and even with buffs they can hold until 3 or 4 hits in harder dungeons like The Rise or harder bosses like the famous Dragon in Southern Grundfall Barrens. The Air Elemental, surprisingly, it does have more HP even the Air Attunement is low than other elements, although, of course, it requires more focus. Honestly I don't know what is the cause of that thing. For me, it makes sense that the Earth Elemental has got more HP than the other summonings since that summoning is supposedly the tanky one. But in a summoning which is supposedly to cause more damage like the Fire or even the Water Elemental, honestly the Air Elemental shouldn't have that huge ammount of HP or... worse, it has got a special formulae which gives more level than the other summonings.

The exception is the death summonings. Death summonings, although their lives are still shorten, they can at least holding more HP since the passive skills of the death school.

TL;DR

In conclussion:

I like the new update of the summonings, but I think they must have more power... or at least when even a summoning with more than 400 HP can be killed easily by a wolf with less than 200-300 HP.
    Furthermore, one of the things that I'd like to see is about special effects in the elements. For example the Earth Elemental stunning like the wild ones. The Fire ones dealing DOTs of fire, with some addition of Fire AOE spells if that thing were possible. In the case of the Water Elemental, well, I think that elemental can cast sometimes a spell like Soothing Rain while the Ice Elemental should be able to reduce the move rate for each hit that the elemental is able to deal to their enemies. In the Air Elemental, basically the same than the wild ones in Blood Bay. And finally, in the case of the Daemon, dealing random effects since Chaos has got purely random effects.

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Didnt Test the Air again, maybe i should summon it again.
    Water is fine, Ice need slow, Moon is fine atm, havent it high leveled, but i use the Wisp atm more than the water.
    Please not soothing rain, i see nothing if i cast that, healing grace would be nice.

The other i dont and wont use.

Sakarisei likes this.
  3. Sakarisei

Sakarisei Avatar

Well, the idea of the Soothing Rain was... well, just an idea. Basically they need more strength and certain effect for the summonings.

Stundorn likes this.
  4. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I had been meaning to write some feedback on the summoned creature changes as well. I trained one of them to it's current level 73. While it is nice that they have more hit points, they should also deal more damage and have stronger unique abilities, like the water elemental's healing, should improve too. I really don't see myself using them much as they are now.

5. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

My main complaint is that summoned elementals has poor AI. Rarely they do something useful especiallly those like air elemental. It rooms arroud during a fight sometimes hits enemy and then starts to wandering again. Dosnt help much :)

6. Zader

Zader Avatar

I agree that they need special abilities like a slow for the ice ele and tremor for the earth ele.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

They do more damage, because HP anf damage depends on their level.
    But it seems that their abilities dont get better. But it needs to be well balanced to have them not too strong and a must to use them.
    Then the focus drain need to increase too.
    The ranged need Distance, it's good that they do this. Problem is for the Melee's (Ice, Earth) cause they allways run for the mob and are way to slow.
    Kiting a Wolf with an Ice Elemental let him barely catch the Wolf. They both need Stun (Earth) / Slow (Ice).

The Wisp is a nice summon, it mesmerizes a Mob whats like a Stun and if im right it have the same effect like Faun magic to opponents and they get confused, but i didnt proof it.

Snikorts likes this.
  8. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

[QUOTE="
    The ranged need Distance, it's good that they do this. Problem is for the Melee's (Ice, Earth) cause they allways run for the mob and are way to slow.
    Kiting a Wolf with an Ice Elemental let him barely catch the Wolf. They both need Stun (Earth) / Slow (Ice).[/QUOTE]

If you kite with air elemental it gets confused and just follows you and don't attack at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.