Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My First Impressions - R24

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

First acknowledgement.. I've only played for a short time and haven't tried out any mechanical changes like combat or crafting.. these are first impressions after all.

New login.. obviously the first thing I noticed. Kind cool and refreshing. Even if it's such a small thing it gives the impression that the game is moving forward. It is an extra step to get in but on the other hand I can see how it makes if that much clearer that you're either online or offline (when offline play does finally arrive).

New ships.. new.. looking very much like Ultima VII style ships that bob up and down in the water. Nice.. especially the bobbing part. :)

Load times! MUCH improved.. much happiness to go around! Content aside I imagine this probably the single biggest good thing about R24. I never clocked average load times before but this is notably faster.. on my machine it seems to average around 20 seconds on every scene so far.

The new content I've seen so far looks very nice. The world builders are not disappointing. I'm looking forward to my R24 experience..

Oh and.. the hat quest this time is an nice change of pace.

Kaisa and Fister Magee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.