Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My impressions on R5

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Mardrov, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mardrov

Mardrov Avatar

Greetings Community,

I know I haven't posted any feedback on past releases, but I aim to make a quick overview on all I have seen so far.
    First of all I must say there was quite an upgrade on the game itself, in the first release I really missed combat system haha and well, I must say it turned out very well in this one. And talking about combat, I know it isn't finished yet, but it had no use (or at least from what I observed) on lvling up skills, it made no difference if they were lvl 1 or 5, dmg would be the same. I went down to the prison and I found it weird that double clicking a guard would attack them, and they didn't make any damage at all, don't know what is intended for them but they could be friendly npc's, just a thought.
    Now about the npc killing, I think it is interesting the idea that npc's take damage and may die, but I missed the guard calling, that would make things more interesting, also, having a respawn time would be quite handy hahaha.
    The map is too messy with all those player houses and npc houses altogether, there could be a way to easily distinguish which one belongs to whom.
    And since we are talking about location, a minimap would make navigation a lot easier, doesn't need to have a big map with everyhting, a small simple map like the one in Ultima Online (I mean the one built in game).
    Now about the ranged combat, I don't know if that was a problem with me but I couldn't use the hotkeys to shoot magic, I had to actually click on the icons in order to shoot them from a certain range.
    I enjoyed the decorating system pretty much tho I couldn't really take the time to explore it much further, so I do not have any solid feedback for this but to say it is going nice!
    Well, all in all this release showed us that the devs are really putting a lot of effort in this game and I honestly believe this will turn out amazing, just as expected from our beloved Lord British!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.