Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

my little ideas

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Dartan Obscuro, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

Thanks Portalarium for another pre-alpha weekend. Your hard work is appreciated! Here's my random thoughts and ideas, a good many have probably been said before, in no particular order from playing the alphas thus far...

Deck / glyph combat seemed to work as a basic premise. I look forward to seeing it become more refined. There's enough of a learning curve to it there will need a lot of UI polish in order for people to be able to play without watching tutorials.

As a benefit to owning a home and crafting tables, it would be nice to be able to link a table to a container which contains the resources. That way you wouldn't have to keep all the molds and tools in your inventory.

A social toolbar where you could drag emotes and create some canned phrases like "My name is ..." would help facilitate interactions.

I like to have the conversation dialog open when walking in town, but fairly often after I speak when I start walking I end up typing wwwwwwwwwwww in the dialog. There needs to be a really clean and quick way to toggle speaking.

It's been said before, but a first person view for the tighter areas and decorating small rooms would be very helpful.

The player creation has various variables resulting in a diversity of unique Avatars. But when you encounter Kobolds, bears, skeletons, etc. they spawn identically. Is it possible for them to have randomized variations in facial features, color, size etc.? I've wondered why games don't do this. Would it cause performance issues or is it just a lot more art time to allow for the variations?

Can housing have a completely open floor plan option allowing players to partition out rooms using crafted walls as they see fit?

Chopping down a tree getting 1 wood and seeing the intact felled tree lying there seems wrong. I would suggest a multi-step process where first the player chops it down with no reward. Then is able to chop the fallen tree several times for wood, bark or nothing. After the final chop there should be a pile of small sticks and leaves.

It would be fun role playing and community building if there was some element of group ritual magic. I'm thinking Avatars in a circle, speaking or performing actions in sequence to combine powers and enchant a sword or temporarily buff out a player.

Maybe for episode 2? It would be nice if there was an poker variation (maybe small suits per virtue) or a dice game to play. I'm imagining a Buccaneer's Den kind of town with gambling and horse racing.

I hope after the basics are done there will be greater novelty in the different types of spells like a chaos spell that causes the afflicted to dance themselves to exhaustion or a disorient spell that causes hallucinations.

Kaisa, SmokerKGB and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.