Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My quick R29 feedback

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

• The more I see of Britanny, the more I like it.
    • I love the new crafting interface and never look at the recipe book if I can help it. That book is still illegible.
    • The whole Drachvald region is now off-limits to me. It's not worth my dying just to get there.
    • Curses on the devs for nerfing the light-giving functionality of the dark elven buckler. It used to make nights playable.
    • It was nice to see many lots still available in NPC towns like beautiful Aerie even a week after the release launched.
    • The cloned towns and adventure areas are boring. I hope you get around to changing them soon.
    • The new large PRTs based on POT templates are really nice and there is no reason why the inhabitants can't turn them into thriving commercial areas with a little communal effort.
    • Trees in the add-on store are affordable, but I can't use the larger ones on my village lot, so they are only a good deal for Lords and Ladies with huge properties. Please introduce packages containing only the small one-storey ones, and maybe one two-storey one.
    • Still no flower beds for lots? (Plantable seeds obtainable in-game please!)
    • Zombie plague was too strong for a while, but now it seems to have been nerfed to insignificance.
    • Lunar Rift: Confusing to new players who come along when it is inactive and think it doesn't work at all.
    • You've switched out many resources in familiar areas. This is disappointing at first when you go to a favorite area to collect something (e.g. Black Pearl) and find only something else (e.g. Clay deposits) instead, but in the end it makes it more interesting to have to go explore new areas to find what you want.
    • The crashing bug has to go.
    • I love the rainstorms.
    • My hands and arms ache more than they ever did in the past using the new reticle system. Chris has effectively quashed feedback on this system, promising improvements, so I am awaiting them with trepidation.

2. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

crafting interface, is too animated. and too goofy looking.
    And the camera, every time it hits something it goes all crazy.
    one cant run the approach to owls nest city limits with out laggin.
    Hates having trees and branches in my face.
    hate close ups of anything ingame objects, specially when I am not prompting the camera to do so.
    the A.I [ Artificial intelligence] or pact instincts of some of the spawn leads me to think they are smarter than I am.

Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. agra

agra Avatar

Great feedback, love to see posts like this. :)

Only one comment to make, regarding:
    Currently, PRT 2.0's don't sell repair kits. This makes them a non-starter for me and mine. They also don't sell all the fuels/components required for all crafting professions, but that's an opinion debate.
    Additionally, they're 2m45s across, and 1m45s from zone-in to town square. Adjusting the zone in location to be the town square would help, but is a bit of a band-aid. They're too large, but I understand why they're too large. They're still too large. :) They are 45FPS empty. Full would be single digit, guaranteed.
    None of the original PRT's have been retro-fitted with the NPC-core (that doesn't sell repair kits... did I mention that? ;) ) so... that's unfortunate, as their small size makes them very attractive now, if they had that NPC core (like Soltown/Braemar).

And to the inevitable response of "you should see the lack of repair kits as an economic opportunity, or just craft them" etc. No thanks. At the moment, I'd rather craft out of my bank (have no house at all) than put up with no repair kits when I need them. The crafted repair kits would have to return 10-20 per combine to make them even slightly close to the NPC sold items, in terms of value for components.

Leelu, Kara Brae and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

• [Distract] is finally, slowly becoming a functional skill. It's definitely easier to use with the new targeting system (vs the old mouse-look mode).
    • [Silent Movement]'s duration got extended (at least in the early levels). It's probably not in the sweet spot just yet (as in, it might be a little too long, now) but it's more enjoyable this way.
    • It's still isn't clear (to new players) that you can't click to swing your weapon when your abilities are on cooldown; it just looks like the game isn't responding to user input. Maybe the tutorial could have some special-HUD that explicitly tells you when you can actually swing among other things (like pointing out when you're low on health) with a button somewhere that removes the HUD when you want your training wheels off. Or maybe just have an audio error-prompt when you're clicking uselessly.
    • With the exception of looting, double-clicking to interact on objects is cumbersome. I understand that a single-click might be confusing but maybe a click-n-hold would be better?
    • Rain gives a nice feeling but I get a whiplash when I go on the overworld map.
    Night time is actually more playable than ever as they are much brighter than they used to.

The more I read about this crashing bug, the more puzzled I am. Is it only affecting certain machines? Operating System? It seems to be RAM related but, if that was the case, wouldn't that happen on any client?

Not to say that the problem isn't an issue that needs fixing but I haven't had a cash in tens of releases ago.

I'm hoping that perception will change once we get to play a full released "complete" game.

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Great feedback all around.

What technology gods have you been sacrificing too and do they accept new converts? I consistently crash in numerous different scenes.

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

Apple, the devil's fruit.

It must be a cult thing, because I only have approximately 12gigs of RAM or something; nothing special.

Leelu, Moiseyev Trueden and Kara Brae like this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Maybe it is a Windows 10 thing. I never used to crash, but in R29 I crash a lot, most frequently when loading the game or when exiting a scene. Solace Bridge is 100% crash prone.

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

Windows 7 and I have been getting major crashes particularly when leaving mines for line 5 releases or so.

Kara Brae, Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  9. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

This is my main problem. In any building, or trying to back away from mobs while slinging spells or arrows, my camera will bump into a tree or something and do the zoom-in-zoom-out-in-out-in-out-in-out sequence. :mad:

10. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

The Linux crash on death bug is pretty annoying, too.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My camera goes through the ceiling in many NPC buildings.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great notes. Honestly I used to love Aerie, but now it is feeling a little ... maybe .... hmm.... rural .... after seeing Brittany. Outside of Ardoris, what is the other highly organized larger town outside of Brittany? Etceter feels like a small, rural, player town to me. Valhold looks like it will also be overgrown and rural. Resolute is relatively smaller than I thought it might be and kinda has a rural feel with its steam pipes theme. Perhaps that is the intent to underscore the prominence of Brittany and cataclysmic recovery of Novia? Maybe its me, but little ol' Soltown has a more ...not just quaint and stable ... but tighter feeling to me than some of the more prominent towns on the map. Does this affect lot selection in NPC towns I wonder?

Kara Brae likes this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

As an opponent of the previous zombie plague of extreme doom, I noticed this as well. Honestly I like its R29 incarnation as it gives us a choice to either cure it or continue playing with it as an impediment. That choice is similar to playing like a death mage might choose to play with lower health to have stronger draining spells. It allows for more transformational edge of the seat choice and fun, vs. just transactionally or mechanically knowing one has to clear something every time you encounter it before you can move on. Any programmed AI bot can take a potion or cast a spell to clear something every time encountered, but enabling a player to carry on with an impediment intentionally....that is real choice. I was glad to see this change back to where we started.

Kara Brae likes this.
  14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yeah, I don't have high hopes. The old targeting was kind of broken, the new systems takes all the old bugs and adds many new ones. There are many surprised rabbit corpses scattered around Novia because the game decided it should target them, off screen, with my Fire Arrow rather than whatever was currently directly in front of me. I also keep healing my pet instead of myself and then dying, applying any sort of buff or self targeted spell is very difficult if anyone happens to be in your field of view.

Ooh! I've not event tried that for many releases other than when standing by a skill trainer so I can unlock skills that actually were useful to me. Something to check out this weekend.

I can mostly work around that now that I've upgraded to 32GB of RAM - as soon as I die I hold down a direction button, then I line up an ankh in the compass and wait and eventually you get back to the scene. Only problem is that you have to keep moving which can make resurrection awkward and has led to me accidentally exiting the scene a few times.

15. Gix

Gix Avatar

Duuuude! I've been luring mobs closer into my clutches almost* consistently.

* = some mobs won't budge but will turn around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.