Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My thoughts after a playing ALL afternoon

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Azurafox the Moon Dragon, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azurafox the Moon Dragon

Azurafox the Moon Dragon Avatar

Hi guys. First I want to say this is the first release I've played so far, so I may post some redundant feedback, Otherwise I just wanted to share briefly how I feel so far.

To start, I really like the combat and character movement. It feels really fluid and natural. Overall I love where the game is headed.

The housing system seems pretty sweet. I really really like how you can just place items wherever you want (no tiles), it's really amazing. Good job!

I think that the deck system is really cool. I didn't think I'd like it at all, but I was pleasantly surprised. However I'm not sure if I like the skill "tree" style. I'd like to see some kind of "skill" system like in UO, while keeping the decks. Maybe the skills can be categorized the same way the glyphs are (fire, air, tactics, etc.), and be skilled up by using those glyphs in combat. So the higher your fire skill, the more effective those glyphs will be. Make all cards available for use immediately, however implement a required skill to use them for the best effectiveness. For example: if you try to use Summon Fire Elemental and it requires a minimum skill of 90, and you only have 50, it will just fizzle (like UO). As far as Focus skills and element/weapon specializations go, keep whatever points system you intended to use originally and just apply it to those. I just hate skill trees, and love skill up by use systems. I also really love the innovative deck/glyph system and would love to see them combined.

Another thing I'm not sure of, is the cooldown when clicking off a card. I don't get slugs, because I wear cloth and have the skill for it, but when, or if, I want to click off a skill, it resets everything, which is kind of odd. Makes it feel a little clunky I guess. It's minor and I've already gotten used to it, but I think it would feel much more fluid and more in control without the cooldown.

As far as map travel goes, it's a little strange. I like the idea, but sometimes it pops me into zones without warning. This is really annoying, imo.

One thing I noticed (idk if it's a known bug or not), but equipping or swapping out weapons/gear can be really strange sometimes. I don't really get why on our paperdoll we have the regular gear slots, and then gear slots underneath as well. It gets really confusing. It also opens up a non-existent bag with all the gear you have equipped whenever you go to swap something out (wierd?). I don't know if this is intended or not, it's just strange though and I feel it could be done away with.

Other than that, so far I've had a lot fun exploring and talking/trading with npcs.

I did a lot of the team pvp in the castle and have learned alot so far. The combat is really fun.

Before I end I just have to brag a bit. I can't take all the credit it was definitely a team effort. We battled for a few minutes while I was being popped in the back of the head by fireballs from a mage on the baclony. So I had to keep re-positioning the battle. In the end, our team was victorious! :) <3DarkStarr

So much fun!

[​IMG]
    muahaha

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and I hope to see you all in game.

Kvow, Link_of_Hyrule, Koldar and 7 others like this.
  2. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

/giggle

Kvow likes this.
  3. Azurafox the Moon Dragon

Azurafox the Moon Dragon Avatar

I just wanted to clarify that I am still really enjoying the test and think the team is doing a terrific job,I just wanted to share my thoughts and feedback.

Kvow, Mishri and Chaox like this.
  4. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Great picture!!! And thank you for all of the feedback.

Kvow and Fireangel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.