Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My thoughts on combat issues

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Kether, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kether

Kether Avatar

Here are a couple of things which I think should be more polished (general balancing aside) that makes combat a bit worse than it should. note that I'm not an experienced PvPer and that these are just my opinions according to my playstyles, not absolute truths :p (well, maybe e xD)

a) Stun duration is perhaps too long and/or the chances of it happening to high. I'm asuming this will be balanced later with skills and general tuning, but right now a good row of knockbacks of ligtning bolts can let you unable to do anything for a whole match.
    b) We need some clear visual cue for when you're ready to use skills. Few things are so frustrating as trying to use a movement to see it turn red because you're still "doing something else".
    c) Cooldown (or "move duration") should be much shorter for basic combat moves (first or two levels deep on a tree) than for complex ones, further on the tree.
    d) Because b+c (and a bit of a) "defensive" skills like those of shield or light armor are almost useless. They do not provide defense enough to compensate the amount of time needed to execute a simple "parry", it's better to just try to deal more damage on that time (or better: stun the enemy and have him at your mercy).
    e) Lag/sync is an issue. LOS and position are important now, but people teleport around you. I've even seen a player do his attack movement 15 meters from me and still hit me because the server still though we were close. If movement is going to be really important, as it is, this should be a priority concern.

EDIT: I forgot :p
    f) there should be a button to target your last attacker. sometimes you get attacked by surprise and by the time you're able to fix the targey tou're already dead (specially true in group matchs, where tab could be too slow to find the one guy is hitting you at the moment)

2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For me the whole combat is a bug now. :p I like the system more that I supposed, just I cannot play with that many bugs.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.