Mysteria Gift Exchange 2022

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Jakkal, Dec 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Open to all outlanders.

To Participate:
    If you would like to add a gift box for yourself or a friend, contact Xrossfire Bugseye and your gift box will be set up in the park with add contents set to public.

You do not have to be a resident of Mysteria to participate.

To Donate:
    If you want to donate to a specific player. Find the players gift box and add your gift.

3 Donations chests have also been placed for players that want to donate to random players. These items will be distributed randomly to the gift boxes of the participating players, on Dec 25th.

Notes to the Devs:
    If you wish to post a yuletide or thank you note to the devs, a gift box for the devs is available next to the donation boxes. A backpack with blank paper is beside the dev gift box for those that come unprepared.

Gift Pickup:
    Your gifts will be made available for pickup on Dec 26th or later, at your convenience. If possible, I'll have the gifts available for pickup on Dec 25th. Family stuff. ;-)

If you have any questions please contact Xrossfire Bugseye in game, or Jakkal on the forums.

Lained and Isabel Ayin like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Jakkal
    I enjoyed last years Gift Exchange. Thank you for doing it again. So to donate do I add stuff to the Donation Chest or trade/mail it directly to you?

3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

You can do either. If you mail it to me make sure to note that its for the xmas donation. You can also place items in a specific players gift box.

4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I've had some questions about how the donation chest items are distributed.

I begin by grouping items into similar types. For example coto items, supply bundles, food, outfits, dyes, scrolls, reagents, etc... This is to get a more even distribution of items among the players gift boxes. If any group doesn't have enough items for all the players involved I do some shopping or crafting to supplement the group where possible.

After that I randomly distribute the items in each group to the players gift boxes. I try to keep sets together, for example a tuxedo outfit. Unfortunately I can't stream the random distribution due to my pc barely handling the game as it is. If you have concerns about the item distribution, please donate your items to the player's gift boxes directly.

Most of the this happens after midnight on Dec 24th, but I have already started distributing items where enough donations were made of an item that everyone can get at least one. So if you check the gift boxes, they all have multiple items already. NO PEEKING at your own gift box. ;-)

Donations can be made up to roughly noon NBT on the 25th, but preferably prior to the 25th. If you'd like to donate please drop off items in the player's gift boxes or any of the 3 donation chests located in my park in the town of Mysteria @ Emerald Cove streetsign.

Gift box opening time is undetermined at this time due to the time it takes to distribute the items and irl xmas with family, but is planned for the 26th at the latest. Anyone who can't make it to the event can get their gift boxes at any time after that.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me Xrossfire Bugseye in game.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Xrossfire Bugseye

5. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

The gift opening is tentatively scheduled for Dec 26th at 1PM NBT.

Players that can't make the gift opening will be able to pick up gifts any day / time after the gift opening.

Thanks for all the donations. The participation in this event has been AMAZING.

jrs99 and Lained like this.
  6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Thank you very much for organizing this beautiful event, thank you all for the gifts and postcards and above all, thank you for your generosity and for all the good you bring to this incredible community.

[​IMG]

Jakkal and Lained like this.
  7. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Everyone was amazing. Thanks for all the participants making this event special.

shadowvice, jrs99 and Lained like this.
  8. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Mmmh. I can´t move or take the gift box and while I can open it, I can´t take anything from it... I thought we were already past the event after which one is allowed to take the box? Or is that a hands-off only to be watched box? Because a whole lot of boxes is still sitting there without having been taken by their recipient...?

Or is that all a misunderstanding and the boxes have been mixed up - I could understand that seeing that there is a Bodice Bottom +3 and a Bodice Top +3 in it which might not be exactly fitting to my usual garments... :oops:

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings ConjurerDragon
    Boxes can be picked up with the help of Xrossfire Bugseye. Due to permissions on containers on placed on a lot it has to be Put in the Public cache chest chest and they you are ok to take it from there. But if he put more than 1 in the chest someone could take them all. Message Xrossfire and arrange a time to meet. I got mine yesterday and just want to say THANK YOU for all the great Christmas gifts.

ConjurerDragon likes this.
  10. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Oh - isnt´t it possible to set a specific person as kindred for only 1 box?

Edit: And resolved by the aid of Xrossfire B.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Only if they are a resident or more of your lot. He would have to add every one with a box to his lot.

12. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

just wanted to say a huge thank you for the surprise gift! it was full of lots of useful goodies :)

Lained likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.