Nature magic

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Duke Death-Knell, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

So, we were talking about magic last night and I realized there really wasn't much in actual nature magic. I see earth and air magic and all but if I wanted to play a druid type there really is nothing like that.
    Would love to see characters turning into bears to beat the crud out of things.

2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

There could be options for combos. The schools of magic are designed to represent elemental forces. So maybe some connection between life magic and earth magic would control animals and plants on land, combos with life and air, birds, combos with life and water, fish. That's would seem to fit more into the magic system as designed, but it still would be tough to combine two of the current magic skills into something that would be a nature effect.

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well thats a lot of skill points and you only get half a druid unless you do all 4 and then thats A LOT OF SKILL POINTS

4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I know - but I have a feeling combos are going to be where some really cool customization of magic-users takes place.

In a classless game you can't just have skill trees that take the place of classes. They're trying to offer more than that, but I agree it brings with it other issues.

5. smack

smack Avatar

They can always add a few key skills, not necessarily new skill trees, but some more at lower levels to help with this and balance it better. Because if it's only available in combos, then yes, you will be spending quite a few points on skill trees to "play" other classes. Plus, you can't be gauranteed to play that way all the time via combos due to the uhh, way skills are dealt currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.