Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need a way to report inappropriate vendor/NPC names

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

We need a way to report inappropriate vendor/NPC names. Should be able to right click and report just like we can on players.

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK but just to be clear my vendor's name, McPimpin, is not inappropriate.

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Remember Avatars, the Oracle Watchers' eyes are upon you....

4. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

For the moment, you can report them via PM on the forums to a moderator or directly to FireLotus until a proper solution is in place.

FYI, I've also had to remove a few posts here. Please keep it clean. If there is an offensive name in game, please report it directly rather than posting the names in the forum. Thanks

5. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

But please be sure the suspected name is offensive to a wide variety of americans and not just those is certain regions, ethnic backgrounds or educational bias lest you be harranged for being a fear mongering PC police enforcer. But what do I know.o_O

Budner and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I was out the whole day and just got back. I didn't realize this post went out of hand. Anyway, since this is a game forum and I do not want to too much energy further into this, but I would like to urge people do consider my points with open mind.

Whichever process we will end up with for reporting inappropriate names, I sure do hope there is a way for people to appeal as well. If this game is to be played world wide and let people from different nations to enjoy it, we can't just take an action swiftly due to someone being angered either out of genuine offended, misunderstand, racism, and/or just plain ignorance.

I'm speaking up for those who are from culture that which their name being romanticized several hundred years ago with the pronunciation that may not match the writing exactly, but it did match certain foul words that were invented years later after their names. Also for those who from whose last name just happen to be one of the colors in native language, or those who use the name based on the nation they come from with pride.

You may think I'm paranoid, but imagine if you named your NPC or Avatar with John Smith and there are 100+ players found that offensive and report to the staff, would the staff dissed their plea or would this John Smith forced to change his name because a lot of people don't like it.

There might also be players that may feel very uncomfortable/offended when other avatars wearing certain clothe ware running around the town in public, but that is out of scope for this discussion.

Anyway, I said my peace and the staffs already told us what to do when we find offensive name, so time to move to next topic.

7. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

You can just use the /reportcontent slash command in game. By using the slash command, you are also able to provide us with a bunch of behind the scenes metrics like locations, etc, so it would definitely be the preferred way to report inappropriate content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.