Need advice on effectively reducing pledge level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bluefire, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I dont think I mentioned skeletons, Ive just been selling loot from archers bandits and elves etc but there are sometimes skeletons in the little cave (and a zombie). Otherwise just East of Resolute is the middle downs that
    as I recall has a graveyard with low level skeletons and zombies by the entrance.[/QUOTE]

You didn't, but for some reason when I read gold I swear I saw skeletons. Honestly those elves are easier than any skeletons I've ever fought. In release 28 I spent so much time looking for npcs of any kind that I could handle and ended up spending most of my time skinning creatures which was a pretty poor reward versus effort.

@Kara Brae @Roycestein Kaelstrom @Bowen Bloodgood @Womby @Solstar @Lord Andernut @Vaentorian @Greyfox @Black Tortoise @Weins201 @mike11,
    Thanks to all of you for your responses. I'm gonna stick around. Many thanks to your kind responses, reality checks, and suggestions. I hope this thread will help anyone who truly does want to renegotiate their pledge levels and I'll keep checking in to see how the targeting changes evolve and play as best I can through all the unique Linux issues as well as the changes that are inherent to a game that wants to be as successful as possible.

Bluefire

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

You'd have to pay for a support ticket or two and you may lose money on the sale.

Last I saw, taxes were a few hundred gold. You can get that in 2 minutes killing skeletons in a starter scene. I don't see how that requires hours and hours of time.

Leelu and Bluefire like this.
  3. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Not quite two minutes, but I get your drift. I see that gold has certainly become easier to get. I acquired 776 gold in highvale in 35 minutes. That comes out to 22g per minute.

I do hope they eventually tweak that to make earning two thousand gold an hour a bit more difficult than starter areas. Taxes on a row house should be more like 1g a week instead of 200g a day. Gold should be worth more than this. But, I do agree that with as easy as it is to get now the taxes are not catastrophic. I just had a bad go in 28 spending too much time fighting creatures not knowing there were easy elf and bandit targets around.

Leelu likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Once they have some sort of loot tier system implemented, all gold dropping from will no longer be between 10-30 G. Right now it's just a placeholder to get the ball rolling.

Leelu likes this.
  5. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

@Womby mentioned killing skeletons in Wynton's Folly early on in the thread, not Highvale.

I suspect rent payments will end up being easy to afford if you spend much time at all in game. But I don't think it will ever be trivial. They expect to create an active system where people participate in the game in order to keep the community vibrant. A world full of static, unused, homes is what they want to avoid. A meaningful rent system is key.

That being said, they offered rent free deeds to the early supporters. There are still a few pledges left that offer the same at this point. As a casual player myself, I'm happy to have been accepted here, and invested in rent free property as I see this as an active community of adult gamers. A rent free deed allows me to be here for a longer term,

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Find a scene with plenty of skeletons that drop weapons. Ruined Keep in the Hidden Vale is such a scene but there are plenty of them. Pick up all the swords they drop, plus the corpse wax, plus the ectoplasmic residue. And they're dropping gold on top of that as well. You should be able to get a lot of gold quickly even at low levels.

Bluefire likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Ruined keep primarily consist of skeleton archers who drop long bow for $$$$$ loot. Ravensmoor is the one with skeletons who wear shield and sword with some mix of arhcers and mages with super fast respawn time. They both are good spots in Hidden Vale.

Bluefire and enderandrew like this.
  8. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I think if you go down the hill a bit and then right from the main entrance there are some caves under the big hill with some crystals and skeletons.

Bluefire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.