Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need Audio Feedback for Group invite and Whisper

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Ravalox, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Not sure if many of us have missed Whispers, other chat based notices, or group invites, but I have noticed that I miss them often, and the folks I play with also miss them.

Looking to get audio feedback under a number of conditions. The feedback should be optional, and a list of sub items to check would be ideal.

1. Group invites: Pretty straight forward; The group invite GUMP appears in the near top left corner and (at least on my screen) is out of my direct line of sight, and gets missed. Adding an audio cue to the pop up would draw attention to it.

2. Whispers: Very similar to the group invite above, but more so if the chat window is left open on the screen.

3. Other chat notifications: Items such as other players interacting with you [Wereit bows to Ravalox] or [Wereit waves at Ravalox] could also have an audio cue. I have noticed many times that a player had interacted with me, but not until after i had (rudely) walked away.

Though some of my examples here are RP in nature, anything from another player that tags my Avatar name (imho) should have the ability to alert me via audio.

I would propose the settings for this have a master checkbox to enable/disable the audible alert, then have a checkbox for the various types of chat interactions. (this would be preferable vs all or nothing as I can see where NPCs "to you" chatting away over and over again may be annoying.)

Finally, if implemented, it would be great if the player could either use a default sound, or point the game to a custom wav file.

Items 1 and 2 are more important than item 3, though I think if all three were possible to setup then the feature would offer the most benefit.

moko and Wasit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.