1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need More Info] 2 of a kind pets

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Jakkal, Jul 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

07/22/2021 00:56
    Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? No

Details: When you have 2 pets of the same type, placing both down on the same lot / dungeon causes 2 issues.
    #1. Only the 1st pet placed had the rename option listed on the pet.
    #2. If the pets are both renamed, only the first one placed has its name and ownership displayed above it.

The 1st issue has a work-around, the 2nd doesn't.

Tested on:
    2 Colorful Mallard Pets
    2 Cylindrical Automatons

Steps to Reproduce:
    Get 2 pets of the exact same type.
    Place the 1st pet and rename it.
    Place the 2nd pet and attempt to rename it, no rename option is displayed. This can be worked around by returning the first renamed pet to an inventory or container at which time the rename option will appear on the 2nd pet. Rename the 2nd pet. Then place the 1st pet again. Only one of the pets names will be displayed though, in this case the 2nd renamed pet since the 1st pet was placed last.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16317
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 360 GPU RAM: 2024
    SotA.Win.64.1424.Date.07.20.21
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreyStone
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (3.9, 0.0, -58.1)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmV5U3RvbmV8fCgzLjk0MiwgMCwgLTU4LjE0Mil8KDAsIDAuODMxLCAwLCAtMC41NTYpfC05MS43MDU1MnwzMS43ODE0OXwxMC45NDI3MQ==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

cannot verify, by either me or ravalox. both pets were renameable, both had nameplates.

tried with black cats and with cylindrical automata

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I'm having the issue even when on separate deed locations.

I tried adding a 3rd Colorful Mallard and specifically went to another deeds basement to rename the new colorful mallard pet. The deed location was a row house in Westend owned by Mazrok, Rename option didn't display on the pet.

I then went to my city deed dungeon location in Westend. Tried there. Still no rename option.

Picked up the 1st two colorful mallard pets, placed the new unnamed one and the rename option displayed. Renamed it and placed the 1st two mallards again but names don't display for them.

I'll see if I can have someone come to the dungeon to check if the names appear for them. If you want to check, the dungeon entrance is inside the main ground floor of the kobold great hall. Mallards are in the pond room directly off the foyer.

4. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

I just noticed one other difference that might narrow down the difference.

When I hover the mouse over the mallards.
    The 2 that don't show names over its head, display a popup with the name, pet type and permissions.
    The 1 that does show the name over its head, doesn't display that popup.

Confirmed, the same difference occurs with the 2 cylindrical automatons.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

both having that popup and not having a nameplate are normal symptoms of the pet not fully activating.

6. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

Odd. Today when I went in 2 of them had the nameplate and one didn't. Maybe all 3 will some day.

7. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

ok, now today its back to 1 of 3 showing nameplate correctly. Not sure what's different from last time. I didn't touch them or add any new pets so maybe its just a scene load issue.

Exiting and entering scene a few times to test. It changed pretty much every time. Typically at least 1 or 2 nameplates didn't show, but in 1 case all 3 showed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021