1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Need More Info] Crash to desktop loading from my dungeon to the town proper

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Flair, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

1. Title: Crash to desktop loading from my dungeon to the town proper
    2. Reproducible? yes very frequently
    3. Blocker? Yes have to load to overworld
    4. Details: be inside my dungeon when you load the game and then try to take the exit to the town
    5. Steps to Reproduce: see above. i then have to load to overworld and reenter the town that way.
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
      08/17/2022 01:55
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 32669
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12238
      SotA.Win.64.1567.Date.08.01.22
      Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
      Area Display Name: Duanor
      Loc: (-308.5, 53.0, 230.9)
      Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgtMzA4LjUxMywgNTMuMDI1LCAyMzAuOTQyKXwoMCwgLTAuOTcyLCAwLCAwLjIzNCl8MjA3LjA3MTd8MTB8NC43MzU4NDc=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Flair, i can't think of why UNloading a scene would cause a crash, so it's likely to be the loading the town part. it's possible something in the vicinity of your dungeon entrance is causing issues when loaded with other stuff all at once, as opposed to gradually as you approach it from the nearest town entrance. does it crash if you stand at your entrance in town, quit, and start there?

3. Flair

It's odd. It only really does it when i load in the game from a fresh start into my dungeon and then try to exit to town or us a scroll, almost like my dungeon is perhaps too large or i was thinking perhaps a memory leak somewhere as i watch it chew up memory when it happens. Let me see if this does anything or if moving stuff around the outside of the dungeon and zoning works.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Tried a repair install or verify (if steam?)

5. Flair

yup and all is good there also. haven't been able to narrow this issue down. it also crashed if i teleport out of the dungeon to other towns as well. it really has me slightly stumped honestly.

6. Alley Oop

i tried it myself. saw three warnings inside, two of which were not specific enough to identify and one was the turkey audio already reported. ...but warnings aren't a major problem. errors are. there were no errors inside the dungeon. loading back out to your lot got me one more turkey warning and nothing else. worked fine. which just means it's specific.

• do other players have this problem? (though i expect i'd have seen yelling if everyone was crashing when leaving flair's famous fishing dungeon)
    • do you have this problem on a different account, but using same computer?
    • (if you can) do you have this problem on flair's account, but using a different computer?

Echondas likes this.
  7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I am getting the same results as Alley on Windows 10. Try making sure you're fully updated on Windows Updates, and latest/greatest on your video and other drivers? Are you using any LUA mods, if so please disable/remove them temporarily?

8. Flair

Both myself and robert frost have the same errors and i get it on either my desktop or laptop and it isn't just into my lot either. it is also recalling from the dungeon to other towns as well though i don't always seem to get it. some days it goes fine, and then others i crash everywhere i go. Everything is up to date on the windows and drivers.

9. jrs99

jrs99 Bug Hunter

Twice now I've tried to recall home (M'hul Island) from Flair's dungeon and it crashes to desktop.

10. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

We have our finest Dwarven Mechanics on this...

Anpu likes this.
  11. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I went into the dungeon a couple time and couldnt crash myself. If you guys could provide me a crash log that would be great.
    I saw an error once with the turkey spawner in the foyer, but i couldnt repro it.
    Main problem i can see is all objects are loaded in the dungeon despite of distance from character and some of those object, mostly interactive or with animations/ai are ressources hungry. I'm working on this to lower the weight of everything.

12. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

I have Crash Dumps from a few players, but @Flair, if you could look for a log file (usually sota_log.txt) and send that to me or Devilcult ...
    (anyone who has experienced this, can please send the log over as well)

Log Location:
    Log (may) have a different name depending on your install. but it should be in this directory: ...\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data (the ... represents what usually is C:\program_files, but may be different if a custom install path was used [in windows, you can always right click and open file location on the game icon, then move into the Shroud of the Avatar_Data directory)

DavidDC likes this.
  13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ok i found the problem, got the logs and saw the culprit, working on it!

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  14. Alley Oop

DavidDC likes this.