1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Need More Info] No option to unequip taming necklace (pet dismissed)

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Bluefire, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

09/11/2022 16:46
    Title: No option to unequip taming necklace (pet dismissed)
    Reproduction Rate: twice in a week so far
    Blocker? Cannot switch pet
    Details: The first time this happened I had moved up to L79 summoning and decided I'd switch from my timber wolf to a dragon. Had no option to remove the timber wolf necklace and dragging the dragon tamming necklace ot the character sheet resulted in no change.
    Steps to Reproduce: Equip taming necklace. Summon pet. Dismiss pet. On occasion the taming necklace does not regain the unequip option. Only option appears to be to logout of the game for several hours as zoning does not help.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 64161
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.Linux.64.1575.Date.09.05.22
    Area: Novia_R11_Plains02_ArtificeExit
    Area Display Name: Elysian Ruins
    Loc: (-5.0, 31.4, -0.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX1BsYWluczAyX0FydGlmaWNlRXhpdHx8KC00Ljk5NywgMzEuNDA3LCAtMC4wNjUpfCgwLCAwLjk2NiwgMCwgMC4yNTkpfDgyLjk2ODY0fDEzLjIyMjR8MS4yNQ==

This has happened twice in a week. As you can see from the screenshot the timer for summing the pet is gone and the pet is not out. Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I performed a couple more quits, had to terminate a zombie process from shroud, relaunched game and now unequip is an option. Shouldn't need to restart game/reboot computer to get this option back, though. :)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Bluefire, first note whether you're out of combat. when in combat, the only slots you can equip/unequip in are your hands. if that's not it, then i've never seen this, but i don't run pets very often. will have to see other people chime to figure out if this is common for tamers or maybe linux-only (as i am). in the mean time, next time it happens also check the popover for the necklace and see if there's anything odd showing like it thinks it's dead.

4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Out of combat, yes.

Pet alive and healthy. When I hovered over necklace it showed typical name of pet & type.

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I've never noticed this problem (windows) but I'll keep my eyes open for it. A couple more things you can try next time just to get a bit more information to get it figured out:

1) try to unequip it by dragging the necklace off your paper doll into your inventory
    2) try switching to a different deck that has a different necklace or no neck slot (but must have at least one piece of gear tied to it or gear won't be switched, so this deck would need to be set up ahead of time)

I assume you have already tried resummoning and dismissing a few times. I expect neither of these to work either but worth a shot and any attempt should be giving you messages in chat. Make sure you have both Combat(self) and Misc boxes checked in the chat tab you are looking at and confirm you get a message when you dismiss the pet and let us know what message you get when you try to unequip the necklace/ change necklaces.

Other than those things just let us know if you see any patterns as to when the problem pops up- always in a certain zone or if the pet had died and been rezzed earlier in the session, that type of thing. Anything that might help us reproduce the bug. And good luck!

Anpu likes this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

1) Did that. Will not release from equip to drag to inventory. Also tried dragging another necklace to the equip window on avatar and on necklace slot and when released the dragged item goes back to inventory.

2) I'll make a deck with each of my pets (currently 3) to see if that will overcome it next time.

Aye, tried multiple summons and dismisses, also figured maybe it was a glitch in the scene so originally thought maybe it would become unequip-able when the summon timer expired (I still have about 7 minutes between summons right now...so not fun. LOL)

I get no message when I attempt to unequip. The first time I dealt with this I summoned the current pet again and tried to drag another necklace on and was given the "dismiss pet first" message. So, at least the system was acknowledging I was trying to equip another necklace. Dismissed pet and still could not unequip and further dragging from inventory to equip window provided no further messages.

First zone I had this issue in was a Hill Siege instance @ Resolute. Was excited as I had just leveled up summoning to L79 and wanted to swap to my green dragon from my wolf. Spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out in scene, gave up, went to world map, then into Resolute and called it a night. Next day logged in, switched pets and good to go.

Next zone was post Artifice in the exit zone: Elysian Ruins. I saw it was heavily populated with Elder Timber Wolves so I decided to upgrade my wolf and on another necklace replace a non-combat buck. Was able to tame three Elder Timber Wolves. Unfortunately because I forgot the wolf taming necklace was tied to the "Taming" deck my buck necklace was removed and I tamed an Elder Timber Wolf over an Elder Timber Wolf. LOL. Anyway, giving all that to demonstrate it was a very different set of steps leading up to the loss of unequip. Zone one was me fighting for quite a while before, Zone two was me taming for a while before.

Hope all that helps!

Gwendolyn Obscuro likes this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

You need to press Z and sheathe your weapons before changing necklaces.