1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need More Info] NPCs missing in Adoris

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by ngavarta, Feb 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

02/19/2022 21:18
    Title: NPCs missing in Adoris
    Reproduction Rate: 10-20% (well just today)
    Blocker? Yes and No (as long as you know where to click the NPC)
    Details: NPC(s) missing in-game, luckily I enabled name tag
    Steps to Reproduce: just suddenly happened
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8809G CPU @ 3.10GHz (8) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics GPU RAM: 4042
    SotA.Win.64.1508.Date.02.15.22
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (147.2, 54.2, -302.5)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE0Ny4xOTYsIDU0LjE3NSwgLTMwMi41MzMpfCgwLCAwLjkzOCwgMCwgMC4zNDUpfDE2NDEuOTA5fDIuNDI5MjF8My42MDA5NzQ=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

cannot replicate. i went to ardoris, ran around, saw all the npcs i expected to see, with the expected nameplates. Judy BB was still in the scene, so i whispered:

but got no response.

3. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

I realized it could be a Radeon display card issue, people with AMD cards can confirm?

4. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

I remember this happened before in offline mode in Oracle Colossus, where some statue “switch” were invisible especially on the lava (please refer to Fig.1.1 activator #6 if I remember correctly), but it’s still functional. In recent version these kinda hiccups seems less, but still I’m focus on online mode now, and I’ve not go back to check at Oracle Colossus.

References:
    - Figure 1.1 Oracle Colossus map
    [​IMG]

5. Alley Oop

@ngavarta, try turning off gpu occlusion in the game's video options.

ngavarta likes this.
  6. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

Ok I'll try it out and let you all know

7. Cotomannus

Cotomannus Bug Hunter

Alley Oop helped me by having me turn off occlusion, then zone out to another scene and asked me to post my result of that action. It fully resolved this issue for me and by turning off that one setting then zoning I could buy my buckets of water! Thanks!

Bug location: West signpost of Brittany Fields Crafting Pavillion

Description: I zoned in, and the location mentioned had no NPC at the crafting pavilion or the cooking NPC vendor across the way.

I then used the signpost to move to the Northeast gate and zoned into Central Brittany and used the Central Brittany signpost to move to the docks signpost in Central Brittany, where I found the NPCs missing at the docks pavilion.

Alley Oop told me to try turning off 'Occlusion' and I did use the Central Brittany docks signpost to go back to the southwest signpost in Central Brittany; then I zoned back into Brittany Fields.

The NPC had returned to the pavilion at the west signpost in Brittany Fields and Alley Oop was there by then.

{

Area: Brittany Fields (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields) Loc: (296.311, 45.346, -64.751) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCgyOTYuMzExLCA0NS4zNDYsIC02NC43NTEpfCgwLCAtMC4wNjgsIDAsIDAuOTk4KXwtMTUuNDM0MDJ8MjYuMzM2NTF8Ni44MjA0NzI=

Area: Brittany Fields (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields) Loc: (321.332, 46.056, -121.964) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCgzMjEuMzMyLCA0Ni4wNTYsIC0xMjEuOTY0KXwoMCwgLTAuODE0LCAwLCAtMC41ODEpfC0yNTYuNjM0NHwyNS43NjQzOHw1LjYxNTg5OA==

}

{

Area: Central Brittany (Novia_R3_City_Brittany) Loc: (373.654, 27.266, 322.923) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDM3My42NTQsIDI3LjI2NiwgMzIyLjkyMyl8KDAsIC0wLjkzLCAwLCAwLjM2Nyl8LTE0NS40Mzc5fDI0LjMwMzE2fDUuNjE1ODk4

Area: Central Brittany (Novia_R3_City_Brittany) Loc: (386.018, 25.95, 310.469) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueXx8KDM4Ni4wMTgsIDI1Ljk1LCAzMTAuNDY5KXwoMCwgLTAuODMsIDAsIDAuNTU3KXwtMTQzLjUzMTV8MjQuNjY1MTJ8NS42MTU4OTg=

}

02/27/2022 02:06
    Title: Missing town crier in Brittany Alleys
    Reproduction Rate: Happened with Occlusion off
    Blocker? Cannot interact
    Details: will turn occlusion on and rezone
    Steps to Reproduce: seems random
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9820X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20) System RAM: 130760
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 7998
    SotA.Win.64.1511.Date.02.24.22
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Area Display Name: Brittany Alleys
    Loc: (215.3, 44.5, 195.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9BbGxleXx8KDIxNS4zMSwgNDQuNTEzLCAxOTUuNzA0KXwoMCwgLTAuNzk4LCAwLCAtMC42MDIpfDEwMy45NTkxfDM3LjYzNTA5fDUuNjE1ODk4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zoned out:

Area: Novia (Novia) Loc: (130.297, 11.799, 93.422) DBG: Tm92aWF8fCgxMzAuMjk3LCAxMS43OTksIDkzLjQyMil8KDAsIDAuOTk3LCAwLCAtMC4wODMpfDE4OS41MjA2fDQ1fDIw

Turned occlusion on:

[​IMG]

Zoned into Brittany Alleys:

Area: Brittany Alleys (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley) Loc: (218.393, 44.503, 197.579) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9BbGxleXx8KDIxOC4zOTMsIDQ0LjUwMywgMTk3LjU3OSl8KDAsIC0wLjc1OCwgMCwgMC42NTIpfDE2OC4wMTI1fDI4LjI2MzYxfDUuNjE1ODk4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    ngavarta and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Alley Oop

considering this mostly verified, but want to hear back from @ngavarta before putting it in the queue.

ngavarta likes this.
  9. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

I've tried turning off GPU occlusion, however, I wasn't able to reproduce both ways with out without GPU occlusion.
    Think this must be a very niche case.

10. Alley Oop

i don't understand what you are saying here. were there missing npcs when you had gpu occlusion off?

11. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

yes, but even I turn on, can't reproduce anymore, that's what I'm saying.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Could it be one of the NPCs that gather in Sequanna Square to do tai chi every game day as a specific time?

ngavarta likes this.
  13. Alley Oop

not those specific npcs, no, and even if so that would not leave a floating torch in midair, but that would have something to check if it had been different ones.

Barugon likes this.
  14. ngavarta

ngavarta Avatar

No, is the guard who always walks around in front of the crafting pavilion.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.