Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

need more rez ankhs!

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Luna Moonglow, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna Moonglow

Luna Moonglow Avatar

in deep ravenswood, killed by wolves, ghost sprints for ankh

BUT NO! cant make it to ankh in time cause it's all the way across the zone!!

more ankhs PLEASE

Gaelis, Net, Xandra7 and 9 others like this.
  2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I'm glad you said something. I have the same problem quite often. I don't think the whole death experience is fully implemented yet, so maybe this will be fixed naturally when it is updated, but currently, more ankhs, and maybe some better way to find them, than to run randomly around.. it can be quite frustrating.

Gaelis, Arianna, Net and 4 others like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

rez ankhs are a bonus. if you happen to be in range of one, great! if not, you actually suffer the consequences of dying. that's fair.

4. Miracle Dragon

That doesn't sound fair. It's a bonus given to those who 'happen to be in range'? Fair would be everyone suffering the consequences of dying, or receiving a 'bonus' due to something you did in game to deserve the bonus.

Gaelis, Arianna, Net and 3 others like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Regardless of reasoning or fairness, I agree that there needs to be more of them if they are supposed to be a concept.

6. Luna Moonglow

Luna Moonglow Avatar

well if they really want to make it random luck that you die by an ankh they could make more of them but randomize the locations they appear at within the zone.

right now if you want to rez at an ankh you have to do your fighting within that range - so everyone will be there - so you have to go into spo just to get stuff to kill and gather - so will have everyone in spo.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

...which leaves the rest of the zone for those of us that don't rely on them. players dying so often that not having an ankh nearby is a real problem should, perhaps, do a better job of choosing scenes appropriate for their level. risk and reward isn't just for pvp.

Katrin Bekers [PeV] and Mishri like this.
  8. Curt

Curt Avatar

has yet to see one ankh

4EverLost and Miracle Dragon like this.
  9. Luna Moonglow

Luna Moonglow Avatar

well im sure that if you are so good and high enough lvl is no issue for you, so why even comment if this does not concern you?

i like training high lvl area cause is faster, means i die more so is important to me.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

it'll concern us all come the reset. we're all weak new chars at some point.

...and that's a choice you're making: higher risk for higher reward. the ankhs eliminate the risk part. i don't think there should be so many of them that they can be universally relied upon.

11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I think I found maybe a couple res ankhs total, since R12.

I die, I wait, I res, I suck it up, I pay the bill at the armorer.

12. Miracle Dragon

I actually agree with both of you. Randomizing their locations throughout the zone would keep people from being able to 'camp' the rez location, and would help keep the risk of death up a bit. As is, they don't make sense and I'd almost rather they weren't there at all. Also, moving around in ghost form doesn't seem to effect where you are when you come back to life, so between the limited timer in ghost form and lack of anything to do, I don't see any point to it. Therefore, I really hope there's something more involved here conceptually we just haven't seen yet.

Rose Bloom, 4EverLost and Mishri like this.
  13. Alley Oop

i'd be okay with that!

Rose Bloom likes this.
  14. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah.. I thought there was more to death but I don't really see it.. here is the post that details the death experience:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

2 Things are still missing from death, item loss, and I believe exp debt isn't in correct? (I haven't noticed it)

I think death needs some work. more ankhs(depending on zone size), in a randomized location upon death would help. It really doesn't have the UO feel to it that was neat. wandering around for 30+ minutes as a ghost was frustrating, plus losing your corpse if you didn't get a rez quickly. I think there should also be a higher risk of not getting rezzed. Right now the resurrection spell is the least used spell. This, I believe, is because Ghost form is too short, and there isn't enough of a penalty to not getting a resurrection. I'd like to see the duration of ghost greatly increased, death penalties greater if not rezzed. I also would like to see an option to rez after a certain amount of time passes. (Perhaps at the current auto rez time or slightly before).

Rose Bloom, Athanil, Net and 5 others like this.
  15. Numa

Numa Avatar

Speaking of which , I"m anticipating the day when SOTA goes full blast and avatars are running around with at least one spell in Death Magic but only 1 in a 100 has the Resurrection spell :)

16. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I would not mind longer death duration as long as I am allowed to chat (at least in party, though guild and whisper is nice bonus). I do not like the idea of chat penalty affecting those who use ingame communication and cannot tell friends where their body is and having no effect on TS and other out of game communication users.

Jynx, Rose Bloom, Gaelis and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.