Need to look at PvP players who are going to kill PvP for all of the PvP players,

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Use of strategy on the field is expected. Use of design flaws is not. Spawn camping is not far from flooding someone's chat to force them to lag/disconnect and killig them while they reload.

Dev's are full aware of chat spamming and have protection in place. They've chosen not to adress spawn camping for what ever reason.

Very different beasts. One is gameplay the other is a game ender.

2. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Ok but just so readers arent confused, youre not talking about intentional scene design to compliment and incite combat, youre talking about exploitation which kind of goes without saying.

With ressurection and anhks being part of the known reality for avatars, its not inconcievable that these known locations would be camped.

Having multiple ahnks in a scene 'is' the preexisting fix. Dont run to the same anhk every time.

We just need to be sure that in contested areas, there are enough anhks to allow for retreated ressing.

3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Amen. And as for roleplaying, if the extent of it in this case is just :

I"m going to kill a player then kill him again when he rezzes

then reading a children's book is probably more entertaining and provides more content.

fonsvitae, Jordizzle and | Grave | like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Heck no. That puts the onus on the dead.

I say they put laser beams that one shot anyone in combat mode near the ankhs!

Lots of solutions for the situation. Even if it's a temporary solution.

| Grave | likes this.
  5. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Yeah it is a solid point to make that as a ghost you can only see wisps surrounding an anhk and cant tell if its an enemy or not. Even then though, you can zone out and ress to the overland map.

If we could see the living from the land of the dead it would be a nonissue. Kind of how frodo could see both the dead and the living but from an ethereal perspective when he put on the ring.

6. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

There is one draw back of leaving a scene has a ghost. You get that -50str dex debuff for 5 min.

Jordizzle, | Grave | and Numa like this.
  7. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

In a factions enviornment, Port could make our enemies wisp/soul glow red so you didnt ress at an anhk that was camped. Maybe a possible fix for the virtue pvp ive heard rumors about.

[​IMG]

Maybe make any souls glow red that are pvp flagged and not guilded or in an active party with us as a solution for open world pvp.

8. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Easy fix for the res kill at ankhs already exist and would likely take little effort to implement. Convert half the ankhs in the zone to chaos or add chaos ankhs to the existing zones and increase the random res area substantially.

This way your not forcing people to res in the overland and unfairly take the stat hit, and controls the negative feed back on res killing. Bonus for @Chris

Korim Rackham, Spoon and Numa like this.
  9. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Why are you all disregarding the fact that I was just hunting wascally wabbits, that are worth gold and life force to me. If you don't want to run around with a giant sign on your head saying FREE GOLD, you're solution is not to flag. And most certainly, don't ress multiple times next to the scene of the crime asking to give away more gold. Unless you like that kind of thing...

OzzyOsbourne and MrBlight like this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or he takes care that you get moderated.

Bow Vale likes this.
  11. mass

mass Avatar

What if after being killed once, you had the option to unflag for PVP instantly? That way you don't escape being killed from the flag, but after being killed you have the opportunity to leave and regroup without being rezkilled over and over?

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Yeah i def dont see instant flag mechanics being exploited.:rolleyes: wouldnt be an issue with a criminal type system in place but the whole on off switch is the issue. Just make everyone attackable all the time with criminal consequences murder system, bounty etc etc

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Here's an idea.......

If you die and get resurrected, if you get attacked straight away and for some insane reason invulnerability doesn't last long enough for you to escape the scene (you know the exit next to the rez point), should you die again rather than resurrecting at the same location (because lets face it you would have to be pretty stupid to do that again) ..... rez at another location.

I dunno, sometimes the most logical and simplest solutions are the best. My honest advice is that if you can't handle something so simple in PvP then you should just turn you PvP flag. I'm sure that there is a dance party in the event list that you would be more suited to.

14. mass

mass Avatar

How would it be exploitable if you had to be killed first to turn it off? If it is, then it wouldn't work, I just don't immediately see the exploit.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

because its easier to cry that the system is broken, instead of ackowledge that OP simply was flagged in a busy town.
    Rez killing sucks, yes. Thats also why theres multiple anchs in each zone. Thats ALSO why there is an invulnerbility timer.

OP could argue that the timer upon rez needs to be extended, but chooses not to, and wouldnt be diverting attention from *im flagged and im upset i died *.
    Bug sucks, Game is still laggy, this could also be the main topic of discussion.

Edited to be less mean and avoid deletion, agian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.