1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Needs More Info] Bugged teleport to zone consumption when recalling from same location

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Ancev, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

03/26/2022 23:12
    Title: Bugged teleport to zone consumption when recalling from same location
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: Game consumes Teleport to Zone scroll if teleporting to the same destination. You will get the error "You hit nothing! [Teleport to Zone]"

You get this message when you recall to the same location twice and it's consuming Teleport to Zone scrolls for me. Maybe the code could be adjusted to do a coordinates check when you use the zone scroll and if you're in the same location the server gives you the error in the chat log and ignores the teleport attempt before going through the teleport animation and consuming the scroll.

I also noticed two different behaviors:

1. When testing this from Twin Traders, a few other POT's, Bright Bone Pass and Owls Head, I received the message "You hit nothing! [Teleport to Zone]" with scroll consumption.

2. I tried this from Blackblade Pass and received a screen load and the message says "Entering Blackblade Pass from Blackblade Pass" and no error message, but scroll consumption occurred.

Guessing this issue isn't particularly important but seems like it might need to be fixed and made consistent throughout the game. jmo.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16313
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.1516.Date.03.17.22
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Twin Traders
    Area Display Name: Twin Traders
    Loc: (301.1, 40.5, 67.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFR3aW4gVHJhZGVyc3woMzAxLjA4OSwgNDAuNTAxLCA2Ny41MDQpfCgwLCAtMC4yMTgsIDAsIC0wLjk3Nil8MjMuNTAwNDR8MjkuNzMxOHwxOA==

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I cannot reproduce this. Please provide specific reproduction steps.

3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Here's a vid - it actually shows what I consider to be 2 bugs, but I wasn't sure so I decided to bug them both. Using a teleport to zone scroll to the same location twice, which consumes 2 scrolls. You can see the scroll consumption in the vid. Not a bug? Should I delete the thread?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, the behavior is not consistent. if i zone to town boundary 1 (which is the default entrance for the template i am in) and then zone to town boundary 1, the scroll is consumed but no zoning happens. if i zone to any other built-in entrance, like small docks, and then do it again, i DO actually rezone. i'm not sure which behavior should exist though. i'm inclined to say the town boundary 1 behavior is preferable. it still eats a scroll but it doesn't make you sit through a loading screen. i'd consider the scroll loss a lack-of-situational-awareness tax. the message in the combat log is less than useful, though, and maybe should be in misc instead.

i'm still not clear, though, @Ancev: what are the two seperate bugs as you see them?

Anpu likes this.
  5. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

As I see them the 2 bugs are:
    1. When someone uses a zone scroll and wants to come to my town, they might have been there before, but if the default destination/area that is highlighted is "Town Boundary 1" that's not telling them that the majority of the content of my town is at the Central location in forest02 template and that's why I have it configured as my default spawn point of the town. They'll end up in an area where I have almost no content. And Town Boundary 1 just seems to be configured for certain maps/towns, like Island of Wonders is defaulting to Side Docks (using the zone scroll) instead of the Main Docks where all the content is. Talked to @Sole about this, and the Sole's POT isn't configured to use Side Docks as the default spawn point.

2. The other bug is just losing scrolls when using a zone scroll to the same location.. guess it's not a bug. It's something I've done on occasion if I'm not paying attention or get distracted and come back to the game etc. So just my bad on that part, just thought maybe the game should ignore your teleport attempt and give you an error message instead of going through with the teleport process. Like it might check a player's coordinates before the teleport starts and if it's within a small range of where the zone scroll takes you it just says "You're already at this location" ... not really that important, sorry to waste everyone's time on it. I think in UO it would say "That location is blocked." because you're standing in the same spot it's trying to recall. Guess I'm just used to that.

Sole likes this.